AZPetVet is excited to bring on a Benefits Specialist to assist HR with the administration and development of our employee benefit plans. This position will report to the Sr. Human Resources Manager in our group office located in Glendale, AZ. If you are looking to join a collaborative and friendly environment where your benefits experience and knowledge will be put to great use, look no further!
• Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
• Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
• Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
• Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
• Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
• Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
• Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
• Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
• Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
• Assists with the open enrollment process.
• Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
• Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
• Associate’s degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
• Two years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification credential.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
It is the policy of AZPetVet to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AZPetVet will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.