Supply Chain Manager,
AZEK Building Products Boise, ID
- Expired: August 07, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Supply Chain Manager
The AZEK Company Location: Boise ID
We're recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager for our new extruded plastics building products manufacturing plant in Boise, ID.
The AZEK Company is an industry leading manufacturer of engineered low-maintenance residential and commercial building products headquartered in Chicago, IL.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the strategic level and day-to-day activities needed to ensure that the company can consistently deliver our products to our customers in a manner and timeframe that they find desirable. The incumbent will analyze existing processes and systems and will drive warehousing and transportation improvements which increase shipping accuracy, reduce product damage, and improve order-to-delivery cycle time - all of which ultimately make Boise, ID plant a top supplier and yield a competitive advantage. The incumbent will display a commitment to Core Values.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Selects, supervises, develops, evaluates and motivates managers and other personnel in the Shipping, Receiving, and Transportation Departments
- Creates, implements and maintains processes and policies that will enable safe, efficient warehousing and loading activity
- Selects, supervises, develops, evaluates and motivates supervisors and other personnel in the Shipping and Receiving area
- Manages driving practices that will optimize transportation spend
- Coordinates and communicates logistics-related activity with other departments
- Directs and oversees daily logistics activities; establishes short term priorities and manages atypical events
- Initiates continuous improvement programs focusing on cost reduction, service improvement, and capacity management
- Conducts strategic analysis and planning for logistics activities
- Manages vendor relations, including negotiates pricing, reviews/disputes invoicing, researches issues, etc.
- Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned by supervision/management
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Logistics, Business Administration, Operations Management or related field
- Five to seven years in a similar position.
- Experience with railroad/truck sourcing, vendor negotiation, logistics modeling/analysis, process analysis/improvement, financial analysis of current and prospective carriers and modes.
- Thorough knowledge of/experience with LTL tariffs, classifications and pricing, understanding of railroad routing and billing, and experience with customs processes and regulations related to export and import of goods.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook; Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (i.e. JD Edwards), a plus;
- Proven ability to understand and deliver against customer expectations; Demonstrated ability to get results with and through people.
- Ability to clearly delegate assignments and broadly share responsibility/accountability; Proficient in understanding/interpreting financials and proven experience in budgeting.
- Success in managing projects.
- Articulate written and oral communication
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations to a wide range of audiences; Individual and group presentation skill.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes.
- Must be self-directed and motivated; able to multi-task in fast-paced, 24/7 manufacturing environment
AZEK Building Products
BusinessView all jobs at AZEK Building Products