Manage and support cyber security projects involving security control assessments, compliance verification, audit support, security metrics reporting, vulnerability management, incident response, security engineering, mobile device security, and process improvement. Perform project planning and system requirements analysis with subject matter expertise in the planning, delivery, and management of projects. Perform quality assurance and oversight of data categorization and classification activities.
- Knowledge of FISCAM and FISMA security audit requirements.
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, written).
- Knowledge of all relevant NIST 800-series guidance for risk management and assessment and FIPS 199 security categorizations.
- Knowledge of information security continuous monitoring (ISCM) programs.
- Knowledge of mobile device security requirements and risk management.
- Perform project management activities for the oversight of information security projects (leadership, quality assurance, decision-oriented recommendations).
- Provide day-to-day management of information security projects. Organize, direct, and coordinate the planning and production of project deliverables.
- Communicate with project sponsors and stakeholders regarding project progress, risks, risk remediation, schedules, and regular reports/briefings including FISCAM and FISMA audits.
- Review and evaluate current program operations, assist in improving processes, develop and carry out strategic planning activities, and assist in developing goals, processes, and procedures for an information security program.
- Establish and maintain technical and financial reports showing project progress to management and customers. Organize and delegate responsibilities to subordinates. Oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks.
- Establish appropriate metrics for measuring key program criteria. Monitor and review project costs, budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks.
- Maintain awareness of emerging project/program management techniques.
Experience and Education Qualifications
Minimum of ten (10) years of experience with the management of IT systems and information security projects.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Federal information system security including financial and information security external audits.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or other physical sciences/technology-related discipline from an accredited college or university.
PMP certification required. CISSP, and/or CISM certification(s) highly desirable.
Onsite supporting a government agency in Arlington, VA.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance required.
Room for Growth, Excellent Project Opportunities, Dynamic Management Team
AXIS Management Group, LLC (AXIS), formed in 2008 with headquarters in McLean, VA, is a strategic consulting firm providing a range of integrated technical services and solutions to federal agencies and programs in Information Technology, Programmatic Support, and the Environmental/Health Sciences.
AXIS Management Group, LLCArlington, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.