Claims Assistant-Excess Casualty (Triage)
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital - a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
This is an entry-level claim examiner position, but the preferred candidate will have an interest in insurance claims and/or 1-2 years of experience at an insurance company. This position includes significant time spent working with and supporting the Excess Casualty team as a liaison between brokers, insureds and underwriting to enhance overall customer service and improve the claim handling process. Under direction of claim manager and/or supervisor, this position will also handle assigned loss reports and perform duties associated with investigating and settling low severity claims with a focus on prompt investigation, monitoring and ultimate disposition. This position will also monitor long-tail excess casualty claims of varying severity and be responsible for maintaining spreadsheets on various claim projects.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under supervision and training, responsible for the timely evaluation, reserving and disposition of assigned claims (initial caseload of appropriate level claims during the training process)
- Makes initial contact with insured and/or broker as needed on assigned claims.
- Monitors ongoing claim and reports on claim activity.
- Trains to set up matters in Legal eXchange (add firm, approve bills, etc. Under supervisor direction)
- Processes Indemnity and Loss Expense payments on assigned losses and on behalf of team within authority or as approved by manager
- Attendance at mediations or trials may be required from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred, or in lieu of degree, 2-3 years of property & casualty claims experience required
- Ability to obtain and maintain state claims adjuster licensure required
- Good communications (telephone, e-mail and interpersonal) skills as required
- Knowledge of claim system and claim processes a plus, highly desirable
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Share Point required
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Desire to continue training in related casualty claim topics
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly
- Proficient writing skills
- Non-resident adjuster licenses where required
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Team player
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a hybrid work environment
AXIS CapitalChicago, IL
Finance and InsuranceView All AXIS Capital Jobs
Get fresh Claims Assistant-Excess Casualty (Triage) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.