Test Engineer II - Security Clearance Eligibility Required
AVT Simulation Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ready for a culture shock? With a relaxed dress code, flexible scheduling, and an approachable senior management team who are open to hearing your feedback: we’re not your traditional corporate culture. Operating more like a family than a small business, we’re continually looking for ways to help our employees, as well as provide a great work environment.
Every day, we get to work doing the same thing as the day before: making the training for our military faster, better, and cheaper. It was true at the inception of AVT Simulation and it’s just as true today.
Our mission is what drives us to do everything possible to get more effective training to those who need it the most. We do that by building a talented, diverse team that makes a positive impact on our company and our work.Job Summary
The Test Engineer is responsible for developing and executing test plans for basic to highly complex software and systems. Duties include evaluating requirements of software and systems to identify use cases, creating and executing test cases based on defined use cases, maintaining a library of test cases for regression testing, maintaining documentation for processes and procedures related to test case development and execution, as well as collaborating with Software Engineers and Systems Engineers to facilitate the software development life cycle.
The Test Engineer ensures that the finished product can be identified easily and tested thoroughly. Testing returned units, collecting data, and analyzing patterns are also among the test engineer's duties.Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
- Evaluates software and system requirements to identify the capabilities provided to an end user.
- Creates and executes test cases based on capabilities identified from requirements.
- Documents and analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Collects and maintains test cases in a test case library used for regression testing.
- Participates in the software development life cycle by integrating software and systems into a larger system or supporting the fielding of fully developed software and systems.
- Participates in the software development life cycle by verifying the accuracy of new capabilities of incrementally and fully developed software and systems.
- Participates in the software development life cycle by validating all requirements of software or systems have been met.
- Provides user support as experts on software and systems that have been integrated, verified, and/or validated.
- Assists in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs.
- Ensures testing procedures are in compliance with any required industry specific standards as well as any software development methodology in use on the program.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.QualificationsMinimum Requirements
- Completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a Technical or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field. Substitutions: Four (4) years of professional experience can be substituted for two (2) years of the educational requirements.
- Simulation system testing experience preferred.
- Test documentation (Requirements Traceability Matrix, Acceptance Test Plan, Use Case, etc.) development experience is required.
- System design documentation experience preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills for documentation, intra-team, and interdisciplinary communication.
- Attention to detail in written products and work performed.
- Excellent computer skills including troubleshooting of hardware and software (i.e. reading logs, identifying conflicts between pieces of software, basic operating system operation administration).
- Ability to solve problems by analyzing and thinking critically.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 10 pounds.Equipment/Software/Tools Used
- Computer, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Basic computer operating system (Linux, Windows)
- Microsoft Office Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Project
- Issue tracking and information sharing application (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Equipment & Software for Testing (Simulations, test bed environment, etc.)
* US Government security clearance is required and candidate must be eligible.
*Candidate has capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control laws.
Founded in 1998 by an engineer, AVT Simulation is an Orlando-based, end-to-end systems integration and full-service modeling and simulation small business. Since our beginning, AVT's highly specialized staff of engineers has included some of the top leaders in the simulation industry. With an average of over 20 years of simulation experience, our dedicated staff provides specialized solutions for customers requiring on point solutions to complex problems.
AVT has always been a company that strives to make a positive difference in the lives we touch. These lives include our employees and their families, our partner companies and their employees, and ultimately the warfighters receiving our products and services. Our core values are so very important to us as a company. They guide us towards success. They make us a great company to work for and a strong partner to work with.
- People First
- Mission Excellence
- Do the Right Thing
People First is our first and most important core value because we firmly believe the success of AVT is directly related to supporting our employees. We have a lot of fun (with regular employee events and engagements), while still working hard to accomplish our mission of serving our military and the warfighter.
We’re looking for candidates that embody these core values, know how to have fun while working hard, and think they would thrive in an environment like ours. If you’re a self-motivated individual, then come join AVT. Come make your difference.
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by visiting www.avtsim.com/careers and follow the instructions at the bottom.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at AVT Simulation