Sr. Project Manager-Electric Transmission/Distribution – San Diego
AVIVV, a division of Jingoli, is a certified diverse firm servicing the gas & electrical distribution and transmission industry. Our core competency is Program Management, Project Controls, Construction & Material Management, EPC and General Contracting. Our services will take projects from the conceptual phase through engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning.
AVIVV LLC is searching for a Sr. Project Manager-Electric Transmission/Distribution
Be part of a dynamic team and grow your career with opportunities to learn new skills. If you like being challenged this is an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Project Manager in the utility industry.
• Work in an integrated team, client and subcontract engineers and designers to manage the engineering and design of electrical distribution projects.
• Coordinate with the project team, including Utility Managers and Technical Supervisors, Field Engineering Representatives, and other departments, subcontractors and organizations to complete the assigned projects.
• Ensure that the assigned projects are completed safely, producing a quality product that is in accordance with governing codes, agencies and client requirements, as efficiently and effectively as possible.
• Interface with the client and the project team to complete the assigned work within schedule and budget.
• Interface with government agencies to obtain the required permits.
• Conduct meetings with clients, subcontractors, vendors and governing agencies.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of department and company goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
• Participate in special projects or tasks as required.
• Report progress in achieving the required work scope to the client on a regular basis. Track and report schedule and budget status.
• Initiate trends and submit change orders to the client when appropriate.
• A minimum of 10+ years of professional experience planning, engineering, and constructing overhead electrical transmission/distribution lines.
• Experience in design and construction of electrical transmission/distribution required.
• Experience in electrical transmission/distribution engineering required.
• Advanced computer skills and familiarity with GIS, mapping, and drafting techniques and technologies
• Proven aptitude and demonstrated experience for high volume, complex projects and program management
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently required. Must be adaptable and flexible.
• Advanced MS Project or Primavera P6
• PMP certification
• Experience working in electric (and gas) utility
• Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, analytical and human relations skills required.
• Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electric Engineering or working experience planning, engineering, and constructing overhead electrical distribution lines
Location: Onsite at job location in San Diego, CA, with potential for some remote hours.
Visa Eligibility: Applicants must currently be eligible to work in the country in which this position is located. Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position
FTE with full benefits or contract