AVCON Inc. is a design build company specializing in audiovisual, specialty lighting, control systems, and architectural acoustics and noise consultation and design services. As our business continues to expand AVCON is seeking an experienced A/V Engineer to complement our corporate mission and values.
In this key role, you will document all facets of system integration including comprehensive drawing sets, parts lists, cable schedules and system configuration details. You will work with Sales, Supply Chain, Project Management, and Service team members to support on-time delivery of robust solutions that exceed or customer’s requirements within expected budgets.
The Audiovisual Systems Designer’s role is to provide consulting and design services to our clients for technology enriched spaces. The position will require that the candidate actively participates in the design process for several projects at the same time while ensuring efficiency, accuracy and superior quality work are being delivered to our clients.
• Contributor within a Presale & project design team
• Develop high-quality audiovisual infrastructure drawings, details, and specifications
• Develop high-quality audiovisual systems signal flow drawings, details, proposals and specifications
• Review submittals of shop drawings, coordinating with architects, contractors, engineers, and consultants
• Perform site walk-through visits to review adherence to standards, procedures and best practices of infrastructure and systems
• Ensure that all work is consistent within AVCON’s high standards of quality
• Adapt or originate audio, video and control flow diagrams
• Adapt or originate rack elevation, and wiring detail drawings
• Create audiovisual infrastructure designs and drawings
• Document structural requirements (blocking, etc) for the mounting of displays, cameras and other equipment
• Review and produce documentation for the installation team
• Document site specific conditions and customer requirements
• Work with project design team to confirm applicability of offered solutions to specific customer requirements
• Support Supply Chain to aide in on-time procurement of essential equipment and materials
• Support Fabrication, Installation and field service teams
• Some travel to project sites as required (Generally local)
• Support Sales in presale customer meetings and Design Build projects
• Extensive knowledge in the design of audiovisual systems, including but not limited to: projection and display; sound and speech reinforcement; audio and video conferencing; analog and digital signal processing, distribution and routing; control systems, web conferencing and video streaming.
• Knowledge of audiovisual architectural requirements, including but not limited to sightline studies; structural support requirements; cabling pathways; power and grounding
• Bachelors degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated equivalence
• 3 year of audio-visual design experience or demonstrated equivalence
• Knowledge of software design tools such as: AutoCAD, Visio and D-Tools
• CTS-D, preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of analog and digital video standards and transport limitations.
• Knowledge of professional audio equipment and practice, including video conferencing applications.
• Knowledge of common AV control protocols including Cresnet, Ethernet, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, WiFi and ZigBee.
• Ability to fluently read and author all common AV design drawing types, including: Audio, Video and Control Flow diagrams, as well as Architectural, Mechanical and Electrical drawing sets.
• Knowledge in the design of using equipment from a variety of professional AV equipment manufacturers, such as AMX, Biamp, Crestron, Extron, Panasonic, Polycom, Sony, and Tandberg.
• Ability to represent the company effectively and in a professional manner when dealing with customers and suppliers.
• Requires excellent verbal, quantitative, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to deal with complex problems and communicate effectively
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
• General knowledge of Information Technology (IT) services, hardware, infrastructure and system architecture (IP; LAN; WAN; Routers; Switchers; Hubs; Wireless Access Points)
All applicants must be driven to satisfy the needs of end users and have the ability to deliver high caliber end results in a timely manner while operating with minimal direct supervision.
If you’re looking for a company with growth opportunity, great colleagues, and a stimulating work environment where you can make a difference, forward your resume.