Jr. Commercial Loan Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Business Development Officer
Hours: Full Time
Years of Experience: At least 2 years
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Apply directly at: avanacompanies.bamboohr.com/jobs
Preserve wealth and generate income for our investors by providing loans with speed and certainty of execution to help entrepreneurs thrive.
We believe our families are the most important people in our lives. We believe that our work should speak for itself and we believe that everyone should be given a chance to succeed and grow. We also believe there is no substitute for hard work and that when we falter, we get up and do it again. We come to work with one singular goal and that is to create jobs and provide clean energy in America. We believe in talking less and executing as per our client’s timeline. Do you see yourself thriving in an entrepreneurial culture and spending time with disciplined business warriors? If so, then we invite you to read on.
We are an AI driven small business lending and investment platform company that has an immediate full-time opportunity for a driven sales professional with a desire to grow professionally. The Business Development Officer is the position responsible for the identification, and self-sourcing of middle market commercial real estate (CRE) loans on behalf of credit unions within a region that either do not have an internal commercial lending or member business lending program or desire to supplement their internal MBL program with participations. Come join our mission and make your mark with our outstanding people.
About AVANA Companies
AVANA Companies is an AI Investment and Lending platform focused on small businesses in America along with regulated CUSO, Asset Management Firm and a FDIC Bank. Together with our growing mix of accredited investors, family offices, and institutional investors, we provide financing for permanent real estate mortgage loans under the United States SBA program, construction loans, traditional secured loans, small balance unsecured loans and bridge loans. At AVANA Companies, we specialize in lending to specific niche industries that we’re highly knowledgeable in, such as hospitality, elderly care facilities, and healthcare facilities, because it enables us to provide the best possible service for our borrowers and minimize risk for our investors.
Our company has launched two platforms recently - a small business lending platform (LendThrive™) that will drive online originations for small balance lending on working capital, equipment, inventory and accounts receivable. Our second platform (EqualSeat™) is to provide access to retail investors to co-invest with institutional investors in SME loans.
Duties and Responsibilities
Annual Production Goal = $25,000,000
Business Loan Production (100%)
- Facilitates self-sourced business loans with a focus in small business and commercial real estate lending to credit unions through member inquires, direct marketing, and networking events.
- Maintains loan files to ensure proper order and content.
- Maintains detailed contact records to ensure proper documentation of procedure and follow up with borrowers and credit unions.
- Submits CRE loans that meet the underwriting criteria and asset needs of targeted credit unions.
- Develops relationships with current and potential credit union partners that result in the purchase of participations.
Required Education and Qualification
- Candidates with prior credit union, community, regional or national Bank experience in relationship management, business development or sales will be given priority
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent 2 years’ work experience selling bank C&I and CRE products and services is preferred.
- Knowledge of CRE, C&I, and commercial mortgage lending required.
- Thorough understanding of business financial statements, business and personal tax returns and credit required; and ability to prepare proposals and credit summaries for management review.
- Ability to travel locally valid driver's license. Occasional out of state travel for conferences and meetings.
- Compensation based on base salary + commissions
- Positive and professional attitude
- Team oriented, demonstrates a willingness to assist other members of the company
- Accuracy and strong attention to details
As a member of the AVANA team, you will be expected to demonstrate effective customer service in alignment with both the culture and goals of AVANA Companies, along with demonstrating a high level of client relationship management that aligns with AVANA’s core values of Putting People First, Doing the Right Thing, Taking the Lead, Making an Impact and understanding Excellence is a Journey. EOE.
AVANA Companies, LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at AVANA Companies, LLC