Yukio Okutsu State VA has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and customer service driven Registered Nurse ADH Program Director!
Responsible for the supervision and healthcare of participants in the adult day health program. Supervision provided to staff members and is responsible to ensure all policies and procedures of the program is within compliance via federal and state regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure that staffing levels are adequate to meet the needs of the participants in attendance in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Conduct daily staff meetings to define care of participants scheduled for attendance.
- Conduct quarterly care planning conferences for each participant enrolled.
- Be available to staff to solve problems regarding all aspects of patient care.
- Weekly coordination of transportation to as to assure understanding of the participant care required during transportation and informing driver daily of the changing transportation needs of participants.
- Report to administrator any inadequacies in participant care.
- Together with Administrator developing staff schedule, staffing levels, staff education, orientation and performing levels
- Participant Healthcare
- Provide nursing care based on physician's orders and daily assessment of each participant's health status.
- Upon admission and quarterly thereafter to develop and review the nursing portion of the participant care plan.
- Provide observation monitoring and intervention for unstable medical conditions.
- Provide liaison wit the participant's attending physician, notify them of any change in the health status of a participant.
- Take daily attendance and gather daily statistical data as required.
- Communicate with the family caregiver regarding problems relating to care of the participant.
- Provide health education and counseling regarding the participant to family caregivers.
- Administer or supervise as prescribed by the participants physician, the pharmaceutical regime for each participant document and observe for adverse reactions.
- Provide emergency care if needed.
- Supervise the provision of meals and the participants' dietary and fluid intake.
- Coordinate the provision of other health services provided within and outside of the facility.
Supervise CNA's in the following:
- Monitoring of routine vital signs and weight
- Provision of restorative or rehabilitative nursing
- Bowel and bladder routine management
- Follow through of therapy services
- Provision of personal care; incontinent care and maintenance of supplies as related
- Provision of prophylactic skin care and nail care
- Train and supervise staff in the use of standard protocols for communicable diseases and infection control, including OSHA regulations.
- Document all nursing services in the participant medical record.
- Manage participant medical records including periodic review for content and completion
- Periodically inspect drug storage area, treatment supplies, emergency equipment and personal care supplies
- Assist in the development of participant care and health service policies and procedures
- Participate in quality assurance for nursing services as required
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrator