AV-rated Downtown Phoenix criminal defense law firm seeks an experienced Criminal Defense Legal Assistant to provide legal assistance and support to attorneys by maintaining client files, generating motions, communicating with and addressing client concerns, and proactively handling any issues that arise
A minimum of three years' experience in a private Arizona criminal law firm is required, including substantial experience with complex felony cases and trials.
- Case management – maintain a high volume of paper and computer files in an organized, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Work closely with multiple attorneys to ensure that all cases are receiving the necessary attention, motions are filed in a timely manner, and deadlines are not missed.
- Prepare, edit, and/or modify pleadings as needed with proper attachments/exhibits, if needed.
- File said pleadings with the appropriate courts in the correct filing method.
- Ensure that all documents received are routed with the correct file to the attorney for review in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean, organized workspace.
- Process all emails, yours and the attorneys, in a timely manner. Handle messages from clients, or know when to route them with the file to the attorney.
- Schedule interviews with witnesses and manage the progression of the cases.
- Strong verbal, listening, & writing communication skills.
- Ability to work professionally with all staff members
- Critical thinking abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task (physical and mental). Ability to prioritize, review, and re-prioritize tasks multiple times throughout the day.
- MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Work accurately, under pressure, in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of urgency
- Work independently with little supervision.
- Desire to work within a team
- Experience transcribing
- Excel experience
- Criminal law experience
Only experienced criminal defense legal assistants need apply. Professional appearance, demeanor and attitude towards our clients are essential. Must be proactive, have a highly-developed sense of urgency and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
We offer a competitive starting salary plus an outstanding benefits package
AV-rated Criminal Defense Firm - Downtown Phoenix
Why Work Here?Highly successful ten-attorney AV-rated criminal defense firm with beautiful offices located in Downtown Phoenix.
Great environment, excellent benefits, room for growth!