Audio Visual Technician
AV Pros NY Long Island, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
AV Pros NY is currently seeking true Audio Visual Technicians to join our growing team to work mainly at commercial sites and some residential locations around Long Island and the Tristate Area. The ideal aspirant would be an individual who is neat, courteous, able to listen carefully and take direction, detail-oriented, eager to work and importantly, someone who takes great care and pride in their craft.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Pulling low voltage cable CAT 5, CAT 6, CAT7, Coax RG6/11, HDMI cable in new or existing commercial or residential sites
- Termination of the above cables on site (will train onsite to build custom HDMI cables)
- Ability to install the following devices: Displays, mounts, equipment racks, in ceiling speakers and microphones, wall panels (Crestron, Extron etc..), table cubbies, in table microphones, CCTV indoor and outdoor systems etc
- Perform installation of audio systems, have knowledge of ohms and 70 / 100 volt systems.
- Ability to install hardware/software for Audio-Video presentation, pro sound, paging, Intercom, CCTV and Video conferencing.
- Install support structures such as IT racks, overhead cable ladder and bridal rings.
- Be able to program various automation systems used in residential and commercial field such as Crestron, Lutron, Savant Pro, Polycom, On Control among others.
- Be able to install and program access control systems
- Ability to review floor plans, line diagrams and rack elevations to ensure successful termination.
- Provide daily reports of the work/progress completed
Qualifications and Skills
- At least three-year hands-on knowledge in the AV field.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of legacy & leading-edge multimedia systems, equipment and networking technologies used in high tech facilities, conference centers etc.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN hardware and software switches, hubs, routers, bridges, modems, multiplexors, point to point data circuits via cooper and fiber for audio and video
- Must be able to work in a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects 70lbs, & work within varied of conditions, some of which may be in small or confined locations such as crawl spaces and attics.
- Crestron, Polycom & Lutron programming certification is a plus. Not required to be hired, but it will be required to obtain once hired.
- Valid D-Class NY state motor vehicle driver’s license and a clean driving record. Defensive driving certificate a plus.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions year-round.
- Must be comfortable working with other trades and peers.
- Ability to think and work independently to meet necessary deadlines by solving problems using analytical skills.
- Excellent listening and organizational skills.
- Perform other AV related installation support task as required.
- OSHA 30 hour class is needed, if you do not have it you will need to obtain this certification once hired.
- Basic knowledge of home construction
- Must be able to report to work in Hicksville Long Island, even if the work is performed in any other parts of the Tristate area most days. Company will be relocated right next to Hicksville train station for those who commute via public transport.
We have been providing quality service to clients over 10 years. We listen to our clients needs and design audio and visual systems that fulfill their needs and desires.
AV Pros NYWhy Work Here?
Awesome Company, Team members, Lots of room to grow and learn tons! New challenges daily where you can excel and get compensated for it.
AV Pros NY is one of the fastest growing Audio/Visual companies by achieving the most complex of installations through efficient execution We have been providing quality service to clients over 10 years. We listen to our clients needs and design audio and visual systems that fulfill their needs and desires.
192 Quality Plaza HicksvilleLong Island, NY
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at AV Pros NY