Senior Technical Program Manager
- Posted: October 23, 2022
AURA TECHNOLOGIES, LLC (AURA)is an advanced research and development (R&D) and technology company creating game-changing innovations for the US Department of Defense in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and in other systems-level implementation of cutting-edge technology. We are creating advanced intelligent power systems for the US Army; unconventional tactical lights for the US Marines; revolutionary satellite manufacturing for the US Air Force; and a range of AI platforms for DoD implementation.AURApartners with some of the best companies in the world, such as Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed Martin. We also collaborate with the best and brightest at our nation's universities, including Georgia Tech and NC State University.
If you are a smart, capable, and talented individual who possesses high integrity, thrives in a fast-paced environment, wants to chart your own course based on your capabilities, and is willing to be accountable for failures and successes, then continue reading because you may be the ideal candidate to join our growing R&D business.
AURA has an immediate opening for a full-time, Senior Technical Program Manager.
The location of this position is in our Chapel Hill, North Carolina office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful Senior Technical Program Manager candidate will be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization in the general areas of electronics and electromechanical products. You will be managing programs and delivering products that meet customer specifications and project requirements in alignment with the organization's strategic direction. You will also develop program budgets, operating plans, as well as participate in the creation and coordination of proposals.
- Successful candidates will have prior experience in both program and team management
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
- Ensuring program goals are met, including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, budget, and team member performance
- Meeting with stakeholders to ensure clear and transparent communication regarding project issues and decisions on services
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Developing new programs in support of the strategic direction of the organization
WORK EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
The job requires a minimum ten (10) years' experience in leading technical programs. Successful candidates will have significant experience directly supervising and fluently communicating with electrical engineers.
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- Significant experience leading full lifecycle management of electronics projects
- Experience leading and delivering systems comprising electronic, mechanical, and software/firmware components
- The candidate must be comfortable working in an R&D environment addressing problems across a wide range of applications, industries, and technologies
Other Desirable Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior DoD or military experience
- Experience developing products/systems for defense or military applications
- Experience reviewing and/or approving schematics, PCB layouts, BOMs, etc.
- Candidates must not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status
- ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate must already have, or be able to obtain once employed by AURA, a US Government Secret-level clearance. The successful candidate must maintain the clearance during the duration of their employment, which is a requirement of this position. The US Government generally only grants clearances to US citizens who are free from major criminal convictions. Individuals not meeting these two criteria will most likely not be granted a US Government security clearance.
- 401(k) Safe Harbor Contribution
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Discretionary Leave
- 14 Paid holidays
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Submit your resume/CV in PDF format via instructions at thefollowing link:http://aura.company/careers/
No phone calls after submission. We will let candidates know via automated reply that we have received their resumes and will contact them if there is a good fit after the closing date for this job.
AURA Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affirmative action employer of veterans protected under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistant Act (VEVRAA). We are a Drug Free Workplace and thus, all job offers are contingent on successful criminal background check and drug screen. As a US Federal Contractor, AURA uses the Department of Homeland Security e-Verify system to determine eligibility to legally work in the United States. Most of AURA's work is for the federal government, and federal regulations may in the future require AURA's employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Write a carefully crafted, well-written cover letter that elaborates on your interest in this position and why you think you are the best candidate for the job. Submit your cover letter, CV and three professional references in PDF format ONLY via BambooHR.
Any attachments must be in PDF format or will not be opened due to virus concerns. No phone calls after submission. We will let candidates know via automated reply that we have received their resumes and will contact them if there is a good fit after the closing date for this job.
AURA TECHNOLOGIES LLC.
AddressChapel Hill, NC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?