Registered Nurse or LVN Full-Time NOC (Overnight)
AToN Center Encinitas, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Registered Nurse or LVN Full-Time Overnight 36 hours a week
12-hour shifts vary as we are staffed 24/7
AToN Center, Inc
RN Starting: $37/hour
LVN Starting: $23/hour
AToN Center is a private, ten-acre sanctuary where the process of overcoming addiction begins. We recognize that alcoholism and addiction impair a person’s ability to function and can destroy quality of life. It is our mission to help each individual find recovery, while equipping our clients with the tools necessary to live healthy, substance-free lives. AToN Center is Joint Commission accredited and licensed and certified by the state of California for sub-cute detox and residential treatment. It is our belief that a “one size fits all” approach to addiction recovery can be ineffective, and that each client deserves the opportunity to experience a multitude of therapeutic approaches in order to create a treatment plan that best fits their unique needs and experiences. AToN Center is limited to 27 clients so that we can provide individualized care to all of our residents. We are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy based and our residents participate in three group therapy and one individual therapy session every weekday and as well as a Saturday morning group. We provide transportation to off-site community meetings such as SMART Recovery and 12 Step. Residents can also choose from an array of holistic services including acupuncture, massage, hypnotherapy, energy healing/meditation, breathing and stress reduction, yoga, WATSU and a personal trainer. AToN Center is located in Encinitas, CA.
The Registered Nurse/LVN position provides supervision and customer service to the residents of AToN Center, transportation to offsite appointments and/or meetings, assistance with medication and detox procedures, and monitors residents’ adherence to their daily treatment schedule. This position also entails facilities maintenance, food prep, and light housekeeping.
- Must adhere to HIPAA and confidentiality laws and regulations as well as maintain adherence to AToN Center’s Policy and Procedures.
- Conduct and chart resident rounds and vitals. for each resident.
- Accurately chart observation of residents daily in Communication Log including charting prompts, nourishment, sleep data, unusual occurrences, room searches, etc.
- Record medication inventory and monitor resident medication compliance (watch for palming, pocketing, cheeking).
- Assist with Urine Drug Screens & Breathalyzer Tests during admission and when directed.
- Complete and document all appropriate forms in the EHR per policy and procedure.
- Inventory all personal belongings and medication upon admission. Search for contraband, in a respectful manner according to policy and procedures.
- Upon discharge, pack and distribute resident belongings withheld during treatment, prepare and pack approved discharge medication for resident, and complete room turn over procedures once resident has discharged.
- Transport residents to scheduled offsite activities and/or appointments in company vehicles and/or your personal vehicle following all safe driving requirements and using good judgment.
- Complete vehicle safety checks, reporting any problems or vehicle servicing requirements.
- Maintain vehicles appearance, assist with vehicle maintenance when directed.
- Document company vehicle mileage for each transport.
- Document mileage for personal vehicle for reimbursement.
- Maintain professional boundaries with residents and provide support and/or diversion consistent with interests and conditions of resident.
- Achieve high quality care of residents through cooperation, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Reinforce healthy lifestyle (sleeping, eating, etc.) and maintain awareness of physical, nutritional, and personal care needs for residents.
- Maintain awareness of resident whereabouts and safety at all times.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations, demonstrating a clear understanding of all emergency procedures.
- Answer phones and route messages as directed, prompt and efficient electronic communication.
- Maintain cleanliness of facilities and RA office stations.
- Conduct daily property and house walkthroughs to ensure facilities are running efficiently and are presentable and clean, report issues when needed.
- Maintain awareness of energy use in house.
- Keep accurate inventory of food & drink, house supplies, office supplies, etc.
- Assist kitchen staff with meal preparation, serving, and clean up as needed.
- Assist with new hire training as needed.
- Complete continuing education courses as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with chemical dependency and/or mental health population preferred.
- Maintain current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification in a classroom setting as a condition of employment.
- Basic physical, annual TB test, and drug screening clearance and approval.
- Valid driver’s license, personal car insurance, and a clean driving record.
- Maintain current professional RN or LVN licensure.
- General knowledge of housekeeping duties.
- Must be physically and mentally able to assist in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet several tasks.
- Punctual and dependable.
- High customer service skills.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication in English.
- Computer literacy, proficiency in typing, Microsoft Office, and EHR desired.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: For qualifying employees, benefits include:
- Paid Time Off / Sick Leave Accrual
- Free Meal Each Shift
- Onsite Group Yoga
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 24 Hour Fitness Gym Membership
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Employee Referral Bonus
Powered by JazzHR