- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an experienced cloud engineer to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure.
To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
Cloud Engineer Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Modifying and improving existing systems.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
Cloud Engineer Requirements:
Required Skills And Experiences
- Experience with SQL server or Oracle DB (PLSQL)
- Experience tuning SQL queries for performance
- Experience working with large sets of data
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to innovate
- Fast learner who can pick up new technologies quickly
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal)
- Drive for shipping quality products in a timely manner
Nice-to-Have Skills And Experiences
- Experience with ETL and data warehousing
- Experience developing enterprise level, cloud-based, and/or SaaS applications
- Experience using agile development methodologies (such as SCRUM)
- GitHub, Gitlab (or similar)
- Responsible for architecting next-generation, cloud-native products and applications
- Collaborate with global One Platform architects, Canadian Architecture, Operations and Security teams to design, deploy and maintain cloud solutions for our Company
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term Cloud adoption within the firm to enable them to be Cloud advocates
What You Bring To The Role
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Google, IBM, Oracle, and professional services firms an asset
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and principles and Infrastructure as a code
- Hands-on experience in designing and configuring secure and scalable Cloud platforms on Microsoft Azure, including account structure, security and compliance audit, connectivity, shared services etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud services application integration, functions, databases, data warehouse and analytics, serverless computing, machine learning, developer tools, security and identity management
- Knowledge of and experience in API and Webhook development using PowerShell, Python, Node.js, Ruby, and Shell Scripting languages
- Knowledge of CI /CD Systems, such as Azure DevOps server and Azure DevOps services
- Experience in Cloud automation using, Azure CLI, ARM & Terraform to enable Infrastructure as a Code, AWS CLI, Cloud formation, Ansible, etc.
- Fundamental understanding and experience with DevOps tools (Azure DevOps and Github)
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Operating Systems including OpenStack, OpenShift, Windows, Linux and Vsphere
- Proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment
- Confidence and ability to lead discussions with clear goals, deliverables, documented agreements and follow up actions
- Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and System Engineering teams within Scrum Agile processes
- Significant experience working in Azure. Added experience working with AWS and GCP is a plus.
TechnologyView all jobs at ATeleMed