Windows System Administrator III (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Windows System Administrator III
Citizenship: US Citizen
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
AttainX, Inc. is in search of a highly energetic Windows System Administrator with strong communication skills and organizational skills to support our government client.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience providing Windows/VMWare system administration support
- Must hold a Microsoft certification in good standing (such as Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate, or higher) or equivalent experience. Additional 1 year of experience will be required in lieu of certification.
- Experience managing Windows Server OS and domain architecture
- Experience with Windows Operating systems that support Security Engineering tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen eligible to obtain a Public Trust level clearance
- Demonstrate experience to deliver technology solutions in a fast-paced in a deadline-driven enterprise environment
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who adapts to a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities.
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for providing Windows/VMware system administration support to our US Government customer.
- Manage the directory servers for the system administrative network domains. As requested, set up and maintain account access groups/privileges, folders and file sharing capabilities to assure security features are adhered to Organization’s Security Baseline Policy
- Provide maintenance and systems analyses, including connectivity, technology assessments, performance monitoring, hardware support, software support, communications equipment, programming, documentation, analysis, and end user training
- Install and maintain servers, hardware, interfaces and cabling
- Maintain documentation on changes, develop plans and diagrams/topology, and provide presentations on administration topics
- Manage interfaces with external FISMA systems and services
- Coordinate with the Network Operations Center (NOC) and Message Operations Center (MOC) staff (e.g., report and update the NOC and MOC engineers on IT Infrastructure (physical and logical) on changes, updates, and perceived problems.
- Provide support and expertise on the Virtual Machine environment utilizing VMware technology.
- Maintain, configure, and administer:
- Daily backups of all server files, including file server which includes user data; and
- Offsite backups of these same files on a prescribed schedule
- Migrate Active Directory services to common services including servers, workstations, Group Policy Objects (GPOs), and permissions
- Develop IT Project Plans, and support of any IT Operational and Security mandates. The IT Project Plans comprise at a minimum of description, RACI chart, risks, schedule and constraints.
- Provide installation and support for security agents and software (i.e., McAfee Virus Scan Software, Big Fix, Centrify) ensuring it is at the current release level for all systems. This includes:
- Major Release - Maintain EMES security agents and Software
- Minor releases - Updates such as bug fixes, security patches and improvements as made available by the software publisher
- Operate and maintain approved security tools (i.e., NESSUS, Cisco Firewalls, GPO in Active Directory, HSPD-12, ECMO, CSAM, etc.)
- General Duty Requirements
AttainX Inc. is SBA Certified 8(a), Women Owned Small Business (WOSB), Economically Disadvantaged WOSB (EDWOSB), CMMI Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 certified QMS and Silver Level SaFe Partner. For more than 12 years, AttainX, Inc. has delivered emergent technologies, software products, and high-quality services that meet the needs of our Federal Government customers.
The last 3 years have shown significant company growth as we have increased our contracts portfolio and hold the “Best in Class” contract vehicles, GSA MAS and OASIS Small Business and 8(a) Pools 1, 2 and 3. In addition, we are prime on several Agency Specific IDIQ’s and BPA’s with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Department of Energy, Navy, Health and Human Service and the Defense Intelligence Agency.
AttainX is dedicated to quality and best practices for the services we provide. We understand our people are the key ingredient to ensuring our customers Mission and Goals are met with excellence.
We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to include paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Long & Short Term Disability.
AttainX is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer, we are committed to providing a workplace that is free from discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. These protections also extend to applicants. Follow the links below to find out more;
EEO is Law Poster
EEO is Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation, please send an email to Human Resources. Indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.
Sitting and working on a computer for long, continuous periods each day; effective communications by telephone, email, and face-to-face; standing, walking, and sitting; handling and feeling objects or controls; reaching; talking and hearing; lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds; and specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Get fresh Windows Systems jobs daily straight to your inbox!