DevOps Engineer (Mid-Level)
Sparksoft is hiring a motivated individual to be part of our DevOps team supporting a multi year CMS contract. The DevOps engineer will work closely with the Program team to manage and maintain the applications and infrastructure.
Under the supervision of the DevOps Manager, this employee will collaborate with other scrum team members to develop and implement DevOps culture across the project team. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage patching of RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system across the entire ecosystem using AWS automation tools.
Additional responsibility will include activities to install, configure and maintain all tools needed to accomplish all the following DevSecOps functions -- source control management, continuous integration, deployment, monitoring, database management, repository management, provisioning, release management, logging, building, testing, containerization, collaboration and security.
- This individual should have experience in leading a team of system administrators and should have experience in serving as a point of escalation.
- This individual should have experience in deploying RedHat operating system patches using AWS automation tools such as AWS System Manager Automation documents.
- This individual should have experience in implementing CICD (Continuous integration Continuous deployment) tools.
- This individual should have worked with several source control management tools such as, GitHub, Git, Bitbucket, GitLab, Subversion, Mercurial etc.
- Ability to independently, quickly, and efficiently identify and solve technical problems
- Ability to combine strong functional, conceptual and technical knowledge with a strong understanding of customer requirements to offer solutions in a very practical, timely, and efficient manner
- Ability to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, customers, and management
- Adept with RedHat Operating System, AWS and JBOSS.
- This individual should have supported applications on AWS cloud and should be familiar with AWS services such as, Elastic Load Balancers, S3, Elastic File Share, EC2, VPC etc.
- 4 to 6 years of experience as a system administrator.
- 2 to 3 years of experience with DevOps tools.
- 2 to 3 years of experience with supporting applications on AWS.
- Experience working on an Agile Project
- Experience working in large projects interacting with several teams within the project
- Bachelors degree in a Technical field
Desired Skills & Experience:
- AWS certifications, DevOps certifications
- This individual should have worked with several continuous integration tools such as, Jenkins, Bamboo,Travis CI, CruiseControl etc.
- This individual should have worked with several deployment tools such as, Otto, JuJu, CodeDeploy etc.
- This individual should have worked with several monitoring tools such as, New relic, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Nagios, Dynatrace etc.
- This individual should have worked with several repository management tools such as, Nexus, Npm, Docker Hub, Artifactory etc.
- This individual should have worked with several provisioning tools such as, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, terraform, vagrant etc.
- This individual should have worked with several logging tools such as, Splunk, Logstash etc.
- This individual should have worked with several building tools such as, Maven, Gradle, ANT, Grunt etc.
- This individual should have worked with several testing tools such as Soap UI/ready API, Jmeter, Selenium, Cucumber etc.
- This individual should have worked with several containerization tools such as, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos etc.
- This individual should have worked with several collaboration tools such as, Jira, Slack etc.
- This individual should have worked with several security tools such as, Fortify, Tripwire etc.
- Possess strong judgment, leadership, communication, diplomacy, collaboration, and organization skills
Sparksoft is a certified Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) SVC and DEV Level 3, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, HUBZone, 8(a), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB), and Small, Women-owned, Minority-owned (SWaM), and MBE/DBE/SBE consulting firm. With our focused mission "to ignite innovation, inspire transformation, and implement digital solutions for a healthier nation", we specialize in 6 specific digital health services: Test Automation, Cloud Services, DevOps Delivery, Cyber Security, Data Science, and Human-Centered Design. Since 2004, our exceptionally skilled people, proven leadership, and optimized processes all work together relentlessly to continuously push for more efficient solutions.
Sparksoft is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.
ATSOD Paylocity PresentationFairmont, WV
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.