Aviation Ground Support Equipment Technician diagnoses malfunctions and repairs Ground Support Equipment (GSE). Advises and trains lower grade workers o diagnosis and repair/maintenance problems. Inspects and approves completed maintenance actions, solves repair problems by studying drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics and technical publications. Uses automated maintenance data systems to monitor maintenance trends, analyzes equipment requirements, maintain equipment records and document maintenance actions and analyzes. Diagnosis and repair GSE using analog and digital multimeters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, circuit testers, transistor testers, and hand tools. Position reports directly to the Supervisor.
· Maintains external fuel and grounding systems, performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on GSE. Inspects, tests and operates GSE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation. Services equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant and compressed air.
· Diagnoses mechanical and electric circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory sense, test equipment and technical publications.
· Disassembles and assembles malfunctioning GSE accessories and components. Removes, disassembles, repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles and reinstalls GSE components and accessories, stencils and marks GSE in accordance with technical publications.
· Stores, handles, labels and disposes of hazardous material and wastes in accordance with all state, local and federal environmental standards and regulations.
· Prepares GSE for storage and mobility deployment. Operates, cleans, inspects and services GSE towing vehicles.
· Maintains vehicle records by updating paper and electronic logs.
· Provides dispatch service for GSE, including positioning equipment to support aircraft maintenance and flying operations.
· Practices good housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage prevention and safety always in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
· Perform all other duties as assigned or requested by management.
· Previous experience with Aviation Ground Support Equipment
· Knowledge of reading and understanding manuals and publications.
· Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
· Deadline and detail-oriented
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment