For immediate hire
ABOUT THE JOB
The Technical Writer/Copywriter is an experienced wordsmith and talented storyteller, able to capture the brand voice in all areas-from high-concept marketing initiatives to catchy taglines. ATS is looking for an excellent listener who can give, receive, and readily receive constructive feedback will thrive in this role.
While this position is not technical writing per se, you will be writing about highly technical subjects, including chemistry, and distilling those concepts down to a broader audience. A desire to dive deep into the technical aspects of ATS products is a must.
Applicant must have a proven track record as a writer in direct sales with demonstrated ability to grasp conceptual strategies and deliver clear messaging that influences target audiences.
The applicant must be self-directed, extremely detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment with minimal handholding. Strategic thinking, efficient organization and the ability to effectively execute projects are key.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Write and edit fresh, engaging, on-brand copy for catalogs, blitz cards, web content, product stories, video scripts, promotional emails, newsletters, editorials, PR, infographics, social media.
- Effectively take and implement direction for the EVP of Marketing.
- Independently research and develop original content when required.
- Display a solid understanding of marketing principles and brand/product positioning strategies.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines by prioritizing efficiently.
- Collaborate on a multitude of projects with creative and cross-functional staff including graphic designers, videographers, media specialists, product development, operations, and customer service.
- Consistently create a clean, compelling copy free of spelling, grammatical, and formatting errors.
- Learn and adhere to brand guidelines, steward the brand narrative, and write in the brand voice with a witty, sophisticated, clever, helpful, authoritative, genuine, and warm copy.
- Provide proofreading support.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- An experienced, self-directed, detail-oriented professional who plays well in a team is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 5+ years of professional copywriting or technical writing experience.
- The ideal candidate is inquisitive, driven, and passionate about work and have a flexible, collaborative mindset.
- A willingness to learn and understand the chemistry of ATS products.
- The ability to research and understand technical terms, definitions, and concepts.
Please apply for this job with proof of work for us to review. We appreciate it and look forward to hearing from you!
Bonus: there are five grammatical issues with this posting. Extra points if you can find them all :-)