You are a Senior UX Visual Designer and Art Director with established UX and Brand experience, working with visual design principles as they apply to brand strategy, component libraries, UX patterns, and interaction standards. You enjoy the challenges of creating and ensuring a strong visual brand identity that meshes with strong responsive UX product development.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support Managing Art Director on application project work, providing brand guidance, UI design ideation and visual art direction.
- Create meticulous, on-time deliverables such as mocks, redlines, and specs that adhere to UX standards, accessibility and corporate brand strategy
- Work with our responsive component library to create usable, scalable interfaces
- Create lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes that convey abstract ideas to help make things more tangible to project and product partners
- Be friendly and an articulate communicator, listen and iterate to feedback
- Be an equal at the table with IXD, Content Strategy, Accessibility, and Producer teams
- Employ best practices and standards to ensure design integrity in our digital products.
You identify as a solid UX Visual Designer with strong Art Direction skills. Here are the qualities that make up our team, and that we value:
· Work with a variety of people, as a flexible, resilient, proactive partner and lead.
· Naturally adaptable, organized thinker, and problem solver, and able to present and advocate for your work in project reviews and sprints.
· Naturally humble and curious, and able to work collaboratively and under direction from Design Manager and stakeholders.
· Expert time management, ability to 100% deliver on time, and to requirements.
· 5-8 years demonstrated experience designing for responsive, web-based applications, using an established component library, and visual design style guide.
· 5-8 years proven visual design skills in brand, typography, color, and layout.
· Ability to understand deep project requirements and work with product/program managers as well as Dev/QA, and other cross-functional team members.
· Meticulous file and spec work, and advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
· Solid knowledge of CSS as it relates to visual design
· Ability to research and define new patterns/ specs based on current standards
· Awareness of visual accessibility requirements
· Champion of best UX practices and educator of standards to non-design team members
· Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, or similar collaboration tools a plus
· Familiarity with Invision, as a prototyping application
· Strong portfolio of visual design work for the above.
Your examples must demonstrate your visual or graphic design chops, UX chops, and style mindset:
o Examples of typography, layout, color, and sound use of design principles.
o Examples of redline and complex specs
o Examples of your work using an established system of components and standards.