We are seeking an Engineer, Senior for a very important client.
Job Overview The Linux Kernel team at the our Innovation Center is responsible for Linux kernel development on SOCs. Duties include adding support for new CPUs and SOCs, scheduler and DVFS development for heterogeneous CPU topologies like big.LITTLE, memory management for RAM/IO mapping and allocation/buffer management schemes, debug and tracing drivers and tools, and bootloaders such as UEFI, U-boot, Coreboot. Engineers on this team work with HW designers for requirements specification on new SOCs, system architects and engineers for broad feature design and implementation, other Linux driver engineers for implementing new Linux kernel features and frameworks, and with customers for launching products. Engineers are also expected to work with the upstream Linux kernel community to present and implement new features in the upstream kernel.
In addition to the mobile/smartphone market, this team is growing into other segments like wearables, automotive, home entertainment, and embedded computing.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 4+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Python, Shell scripting, assembly, etc.
• C programming and debugging skills
• Linux kernel and device driver development
* Virtualization - KVM, Virtio, Xen Hypervisor knowledge
• CPU and cache architectures
• Experience with JTAG
• Linux Kernel upstream patch submission
• ARM v8 CPU knowledge
• CPU performance and power analysis
• Experience with python, perl, rust, shell scripting
• Experience with Jenkins, Docker
• Independent and self-motivated problem solver and strategic thinker
• Experience with development boards such as DragonBoard
• Proficient in Git for development and patch/branch management
• Good planning, time management, decision-making, presentation, and organization skills
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
ATR InternationalATR International is a staffing and consulting leader that serves the IT, engineering, accounting & finance, professional, manufacturing, and scientific industries. Founded in 1988 as a two-person Hispanic-owned business, we have grown to serve Fortune 500 organizations while putting more than 35,000 people to work totaling over 14 million working hours. Our entire business model is based on building relationships and deep connections with our diverse base of clients, contractors, internal staff, and local markets.