This position is responsible for the production of high quality medical devices within a manufacturing cell.
· Working under close supervision, may perform a combination of assembly, repair, and test operations on pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), leads, and related medical device assemblies.
· Performs routine assignments according to specified and/or standardized procedures. Work is closely and continually reviewed.
· Ensure that relevant job documentation for cell operations and functions is accurate and up to date.
· Be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions to all levels of manufacturing management in both written and oral form.
· Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with internal customers and external customers such as tours.
· Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all operations. Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics.
· Maintain accurate records to ensure traveler and quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products. Demonstrates a basis understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
· Participate with the Manufacturing Supervisor/Manager in setting and monitoring individual goals and cell performance metrics that continuously seek to improve the quality of operations.
· Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written procedures; understand and follow verbal instructions
· Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages.
· Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance.
· Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts.
· Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision. High school degree or equivalent preferred.
· Must be fully covered by the lab coat/gown.