- Posted: over a month ago
Environmental Technician – $27.93 to $32.16/hour
ATI, Inc. (www.atiinc.com) is a full-service architectural, engineering and environmental services firm with over 40 years of experience providing solutions to federal, state, local, and private sector clients. ATI’s goal is to become an industry leader in all our market sectors by providing sustainable and innovative solutions with an emphasis on client satisfaction. We are achieving this goal while maintaining a nurturing, growth-oriented and fun working environment for our employees.
ATI is seeking a highly motivated, qualified and experienced Environmental Technician with a background in environmental services, hazardous waste, or health and safety for a full-time position in the Laurel, MD area. Responsibilities will include hazardous waste removal and preparation for transportation and disposal; recycling of lead waste; removal/replacement of lead contaminated filters of various sizes; and daily cleaning of indoor and outdoor firing range locations. Other duties may include:
- Properly store and maintain hazardous waste and other generated waste using best and safe practices during all work assignments.
- Prepare all hazardous waste for off-site shipping/transportation including packaging, markings, labels, placards, and manifesting.
- Inspect and ensure hazardous waste storage areas are clean and properly maintained, labeled, etc.
- Ensure proper compatibility of stored hazardous material and report/correct any deficiencies.
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets for all products used.
- Maintain and keep records of all hazardous waste generated, stored and transported.
- Maintain inventory of all required company and government equipment and materials and request additional supplies and materials as needed for the job.
- Perform housekeeping duties as required by the contract and in accordance with regulations and standards.
- Use personnel protective equipment (PPE) as required such as Tyvek, respirators, safety goggles, glasses, gloves, safety shoes, etc.
- Perform filter changes to include crushing, packing, storing, and removing hazard waste and non-hazardous waste materials.
- Provide emergency and spill response.
- Operate various equipment not limited to HEPA vacuums, portable pumps, drum dollies, lifting cranes, safety straps, etc.
- Operate company vehicles, tractors, forklifts, etc.
- Support other company activities and facilities as required while enhancing a team spirit at all times.
- Minimum one-year of relevant experience.
- NO CRIMINAL RECORD in order to pass a Government background check for site access.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (must provide date of birth, Social Security #, and Driver’s License # upon request).
- Pass pre-employment physical and pre-employment and/or random drug and alcohol screening.
- Safety-minded individual who understands the importance of following strict protocols.
- Ability to wear and properly use a variety of PPE including respirators and skin, face, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- US citizenship.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training is highly desirable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times. Exposure to the weather (high and low temperatures) is routine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects.
Hours of Work
Normal working hours are typically 10 PM to 6 AM, Sunday night through Friday morning. Some paid overtime may be required on occasion.
$27.93 - $32.16/hour.
- Competitive pay with opportunities for advancement.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance with company paying 75% of premiums and deductibles.
- 11 annual holidays.
- Paid leave and sick time.
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume as soon as possible to HR@atiinc.com or fax to 410-992-1837.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at ATI Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?