The American Thrombosis and Hemostasis Network (ATHN) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by bleeding and clotting disorders. In the furtherance of its mission, ATHN provides centralized technology solutions to a nationwide network of Hemophilia Treatment Centers providing care to patients. ATHN also hosts a number of ongoing medical research projects and makes a national patient dataset available to researchers. Much of the work done at ATHN is related to the collection, management, and analysis of patient data. These activities are made possible through continuing development work of the Software Engineering Team and the products they create including electronic forms, data exchange APIs, and a custom electronic medical records (EMR) system.
The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible to perform exploratory, functional, and regression testing on ATHN systems. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be a part of the Research and Informatics Group and will report to the Lead Product Owner. The ideal candidate is expected to have some formal training along with experience in quality assurance testing practices. The candidate will be expected to be able to work regularly in a team environment where test findings are shared amongst the Research and Informatics team to maintain ATHN systems and infrastructure.
ATHN is a virtual organization, meaning that the majority of ATHN’s staff are remote workers. We rely on modern communication tools to create a collective sense of purpose and stay connected with each other. If making a difference in the treatment of rare disorders excites you, we encourage you to apply.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform exploratory, functional, and regression testing of ATHN systems
- Create mock data, bulk data, and mock workflows to test ATHN systems for functionality and performance
- Identify gaps in implementation in relation to the requirements, test ATHN systems, and track issues to closures
- Find testing tool to record testing progress and log defects as discovered
- Develop, write, and document testing approaches
- Work closely with Lead Product Owner to achieve milestones and provide deliverables based on timelines
- Work closely with the Lead Product Owner, Product Owner, development team, and system engineers to define requirements/stories needed for testing
- Work closely with the Lead Product Owner and Product Owner to understand system design decisions and necessary tradeoffs
- Work closely with the development team to write tests to automate testing
- Empathize with end users of the software tested and use that empathy to guide decision-making
- Support in preparing end user training documentation
- Participate in product team meetings
- 2+ years’ proven experience in quality assurance testing applications or similar role
- Ability to organize information and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in time-sensitive situations based on product needs
- Experience in functional and regression testing
- Experience in writing standard testing procedures and guidelines
- Experience using a Software Project Management Tool such as Jira or Pivotal Tracker
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary, distributed environment, and be highly self-motivated and dedicated
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Programming experience
- Experience in automation testing
To apply, please send your resume to Christine Shinaberry, Lead Product Owner.