The American Thrombosis and Hemostasis Network (ATHN) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by bleeding and clotting disorders. In supporting this mission, ATHN provides centralized technology solutions to a nationwide network of Hemophilia Treatment Centers providing care to patients. ATHN also hosts a number of ongoing medical research projects and makes a national patient dataset available to researchers. Much of the work done at ATHN is related to the collection, management, and analysis of patient data. These activities are supported by the Community Support Team.
The Community Support Specialist will join an existing team supporting ATHN’s portfolio of software products. This person will use ATHN’s Zendesk to resolve tickets, track the history of support tickets that have been forwarded to the technical team, create and publish macros for common questions/ issues and respond to questions/ issues sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, this person will also work with the Product Management team to perform quality assurance on ATHN’s software portfolio. And, the Community Support Specialist will also work with ATHN’s research, communications and biostatistics teams.
- develop expertise with all ATHN systems and software.
- acquire an understanding of the bleeding and clotting disorder disease state.
- manage and solve incoming support tickets consulting with ATHN staff and the technical team as needed.
- refine ticket solution processes by creating macros, utilizing all available Zendesk tools, and referencing ATHN support documents.
- identify areas for data entry and project support process improvement from the viewpoint of an experienced user of ATHN systems.
- evaluate existing tools and develop new tools to identify and resolve data entry and study form submission issues.
- facilitate ATHN systems and reports training.
- provide assistance as needed with webinars by utilizing various webinar platforms and video editing software as tasked by the Community Support Leader and other ATHN staff.
- assist when requested with testing of new system functionality and review of support documentation.
- learn ATHN’s development tracking and project management toolset and work closely with the Software Engineering Team to ensure timely solutions to support tickets that require technical team involvement.
- communicate system users’ impressions, concerns and needs to the Community Support Leader.
- experienced working with ATHN’s systems. (strongly preferred)
- a Bachelor of Science graduate with 3+ years’ experience working with clinical management systems and multidisciplinary staff.
- a quick learner with an enthusiasm for learning new skills and software.
- independent and self-motivated with previous remote work experience. (preferred)
Where Are We Located?
ATHN is a virtual organization, meaning that ATHN’s staff are remote workers. We rely on modern communication tools to create a collective sense of purpose and stay connected with each other. If making a difference in the treatment of rare disorders excites you, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please send your resume to Angela Riedel, Community Support Leader.