Professional Land Surveyor (VA License Required)
This person will manage and oversee Virginia land survey projects and assist with production as needed. This is a great opportunity for a VA licensee who enjoys tackling challenging survey work, managing and motivating survey staff, cultivating client relationships, and ensuring quality survey projects are delivered. A MD license is also a significant plus and would allow this candidate to manage and support MD land survey projects as well.
Although this role will largely be involved in Virginia and Maryland based projects, we are flexible with the right candidate's geographic location. This position can be performed remotely with intermittent travel to our VA and MD office locations.
- Manage survey projects and oversee staff and schedules.
- Responsible for survey calculations, analysis and final map checking, review of title data, record drawings research, and client relations.
- Perform survey production work using Civil 3D and/or MicroStation.
- Monitor projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with clients and staff on technical matters
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents
- Work within defined project scopes and budgets. Manage deadlines and prioritize assignments.
- Collaborate with project team members, including other licensed surveyors, engineers, and technical and survey staff.
- Assist with coordination of activities of field crews and office staff, including providing job assignments, information, direction, and daily checking of work product.
- Review and process the results of field surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimensions of land features and structures.
- Verify the accuracy of field survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Assist with business development activities, proposal preparation, project management, and quality control for all survey deliverables.
- Licensed VA Land Surveyor or LSIT preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant land survey experience, including field staff management experience.
- Knowledge of surveying principles, regulations, techniques, and procedures
- Familiarity with all phases of survey including survey control, boundaries, topographic surveys, platting, construction stakeout, etc.
- VDOT plat and survey experience a plus
- Working knowledge of field instrumentation (Leica), GPS, and robotic total stations.
- Strong knowledge of relevant technical software, including MicroStation or Civil 3D, Infinity, and TopoDOT, and Context Capture a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team, assisting with the training of survey personnel, coordination of field and office work, and leading others in accomplishing work activities.
ATCS, PLC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. ATCS, PLC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Caitlin Crockett, MBA, SPHR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13861 Sunrise Valley Dr Ste 200Herndon, VA
ConstructionView All ATCS PLC Jobs
Get fresh Professional Land Surveyor (VA License Required) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.