Initiates all activities, related to the manufacturing PPAP (Production Parts Approval Process) process to improve develop the timeline and activities, based on ATCO’s APQP procedure, to attain production schedule of the PPAP, and coordinates up the steps for manufacturing and evaluation, including documentation, up to shipping customers samples or paperwork submission based on the PPAP level request by customer with all documentation from launch on products. Responsible for the Safety Documentation and control for MSDS for the floor.
KEY FUNCTIONS & EVERYDAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Understanding on applying engineering tools including: APQP, Risk Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, Project Management for activities and steps to complete PPAP.
2. Initiates preliminary activities in manufacturing, quality, schedule production and documentation, to reduce gaps after customer request for PPAP submission.
3. Interfacing regularly with teams (Quality. Production Control, Production, Customer Service) by developing dates and activities in the manufacturing processes required. (ECN, ECR, Drawings, etc.), to achieve PPAP submission on time, coordinating meetings and individual activities with team members to add dates on main program dates for each product need to submit to customer PPAPA approval.
4. Supports process input to design engineering by completing various manufacturing support-related tasks such as tooling fixtures and validation, assuring key characteristics and tolerances are identified on ATCO products and included in PPAP documentation, to ensure part conformance
5. Conducts / participates in team meetings to improve or achieve due date on products & processes, to complete PPAP activities and support team effort and documentation.
6. Makes appropriate changes and communicates to customer, regarding Manufacturing issues when dictated by engineering drawing changes or specifications issues for the complete submission package of PPAP depending on level requested by customer.
7. Interfacing regularly with process development teams (Quality. Production Control, Production, Maintenance) on FMEA activities.
8. Completes activities of new projects requiring PPAP submission helping on records for changes and traceability on the PPAP products process.
9. Using drawings and specifications form customer, supports to resolve technical production problems, learning ATCO products specs and working with Engineers to ensure product specs performance is met, including Quality lab measurements.
10. Implement engineering activities request to achieve a consistent part approval process, raising the flag when issues need to be resolve.
11. Follows all safety rules and procedures in the performance of this position’s duties and reports any unsafe practices to production supervision team members.
12. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.