Senior Facility Technician
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
ATCC is hiring for a full time direct hire onsite Senior Facilitiy Technician. This role will support our ATCC facilities in Manassas VA , Gaithersburg MD and Germantown MD.
The Senior Facility Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing the organization's facilities, systems, and equipment. Monitoring operations daily, they oversee systems containing electrical, plumbing, and mechanical components. They monitor, inspect, and perform preventative updates or as-needed repairs and coordinate vendors, as necessary. They have primary responsibility for ensuring systems run efficiently and work is performed in a timely and prompt manner. They perform routine, complex assignments with minimal oversight and execute new projects or assignments with minimal direction.
The Senior Facility Technician performs regular inspections to ensure compliance with all requirements, policies, and procedures. Prioritizing order requests, they use judgment to ensure the most critical issues are addressed to meet the needs of the organization. The Senior Facility Technician actively participates in the development and revision of protocols to conduct the qualification, validation, and/or calibration of equipment in support of the metrology program. They develop and maintain calibration schedules, having primary responsibility for ensuring equipment is maintained in state of readiness. They identify and enroll new equipment into pertinent maintenance or calibration databases and schedules, and update entries for retired equipment, as necessary.
- Monitor, inspect, and perform preventative updates or as-needed repairs on facilities or systems. Perform work in one or maintenance trades including carpentry, electrical, plumbing and painting. This may include work on mechanical, electrical, HVAC, or other environmental management systems, generators or power management systems, fire, or safety systems.
- Receive and fulfill work order requests, mechanical service calls, and in-house repair requests for facility maintenance. Triage requests and use judgment to prioritize the most critical repairs.
- Make advanced repairs, troubleshoot complex problems, and coordinate the work of outside technicians when more advanced repairs are needed. Perform regular or special inspections of premises and grounds to determine repair work necessary.
- Perform installation and relocations of office fixtures, lab equipment, and repository equipment. Dismantle, adjust, repair, and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, repair manuals, rough sketches, or drawings.
- Order and maintain inventory levels of equipment, supplies or replacement parts.
- Support Management in review of schedules, layouts, or designs, identify and provide solutions to issues. Schedule maintenance or repairs to minimize disruption to organizational operations whenever possible.
- Conduct corrections and updates to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), recommendations and regular updates to Senior Management and elevate any major concerns in a timely manner.
- Perform all duties with the highest ethical safety standards and a continued emphasis on a cleanliness to ensure a safe work environment for all.
- Perform accurate and timely recording of entries in Facility Management, Document Management and Records Management systems.
- Follow established protocols to conduct equipment validation and/or qualification, to include physical setup, monitoring, and results analysis and recording. Perform on-call duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and 5 or more years' experience or equivalent experience.
We Invest in You
- Health & Wellness:
- Comprehensive medical coverage and company paid Life Insurance, Disability Insurance & AD&D.
- Work life balance with Paid Holidays and PTO.
- Fitness and cell phone subsidies, and additional benefits such as Aflac, legal services, and pet insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program offering around-the-clock counseling.
- Financial security:
- 401(a) (6% employer contribution) and 403(b) (2% match) retirement plans.
- Exceptional career advancement opportunities, recognition, and rewards.
- Corporate bonus program.
- Mission Focused:
- Non-profit organization supporting critical life science research
- We give scientists the tools they need to make discoveries that improve and save lives.
- Contribute to community involvement and social responsibility.
Join ATCC, where we fuel your success, well-being, and development. We're a mission focused non-profit Equal Opportunity Employer, championing diversity and inclusivity. When you work at ATCC, you become a part of that mission, one we've committed to for almost 100 years. Shape the future of science with us.
ATCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
10801 University BoulevardManassas, VA
Get fresh Senior Facility Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.