Cardiac Cath Lab Nurse
- $60 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
The CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION LABORATORY NURSE specializes primarily in the care of patients undergoing diagnostic cardiac catheterization, interventional cardiac procedures, insertion of permanent and temporary pacemakers, and insertion of intra-aortic balloon pumps. The nurse is responsible for the operation of specialized equipment in a safe and efficient manner, assisting in diagnostic catheterization, and interventional cardiac procedures, and patient care during the procedure. The nurse works under the direct supervision of the physician and Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory manager or supervisor.
For more than 40 years, ATC Healthcare has provided leading nurses and healthcare professionals to hospitals and facilities nationwide. Healthcare systems around the U.S., including municipal health systems, multi-unit senior care companies, governments, school systems, VMS and MSP vendors trust us to deliver more than 100,000 nurses and other healthcare professionals on-demand. If you have a track record of success in healthcare, we want you to join us!
We offer the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Schedules
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Compensation up to $60/hour
Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing.
Current and unrestricted state license as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice.
At least two year experience as a cardiac catheterization laboratory nurse in a clinical setting.
Advanced CPR credentials, such as ACLS; required for cardiac catheterization nurses; health and screening tests as required by specific facilities and/or regulatory agencies.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Various client facility settings; possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious materials.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with ATC policies/procedures.
- Complies with client facility nursing policies/procedures.
- Documents accurately and completely services provided.
- Maintains confidentiality relative to patient care and facility practices in accordance with the
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Communicates information effectively to appropriate personnel.
- Provides required care while maintaining a safe, therapeutic environment.
- Evaluates and modifies the plan of care based on observable responses by the patient.
- Performs continuous nursing assessment of the patients’ physical and emotional needs and corresponding therapeutic interventions.
- Provides patient services in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that considers cultural diversity and age appropriateness so that autonomy, rights, and dignity are preserved.
- Advocates patient rights with respect to advance directives and organ donation.
- Provides care to the patient pre-procedure, during, and post-procedure in the cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Performs non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring, such as continuous telemetry monitoring band 12 lead EKG monitoring and dysrrhythmia interpretation.
- Assists physician with non-invasive diagnostic procedures.
- Assists physician with invasive diagnostic procedures, such as cardiac catheterization.
- Assists physician with invasive interventional procedures, such as permanent pacemaker insertion.
- Maintains competency by participating in continuing education programs and meets state specific requirements.
- Complies with accepted ethical conduct and professional standards of nursing practice as set forth by the American Nurses Association or equivalent nursing organization.
Other Duties: Please note this job summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may vary by assignment and may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer: ATC Healthcare Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other category protected by Federal, State or local law. M/F/D/V EOE
ATC YoungstownChardon, OH
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.