We are seeking Health Information Technicians (Medical Records) to join our team
1st shift no weekends
Long Term Contract for the State of Ohio.
- Confidential maintenance and tracking of patient medical/mental health files.
- Verify patient medical/mental health classification, file notes and pending appointments.
- Receive and timely file all pertinent patient medical documentation.
- Monitor the medical operating system.
- Monitor the mental health screens and mental health treatment planner for patients health reports - (If in the mental health department).
- Collect, enter and report monthly medical/mental health data assigned.
- Work with staff to notify appropriate parties of patient release information.
- Perform onsite and offsite patient appointment scheduling duties.
- Monitor the Medical Operations Scheduling System (MOSS) for scheduled appointments.
- Maintain a file/log of all offender appointments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with medical tools and equipment- Great to have not Required.
- 2+ Years medical work experience ( STNA - State Tested Nurse Aide, Medical Assistant, Medical Records )
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.