Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- Posted: over a month ago
Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will receive, organize, and inventory all food, beverage and general merchandise to ensure the highest quality product is received and that orders/deliveries are dated & weighed, as needed, and placed in their proper locations in a timely and accurate manner. Maintain records and logs documenting temperatures of perishable food. Pull items to fill outlet requisitions and deliver to locations. Enter daily invoices and complete invoice log. Will receive all incoming freight from UPS, FedEx, Trucking companies etc.., document and enter into electronic system. Will prepare, as needed, all outgoing freight and arrange for pickup and document daily.
- Communicate with the Food Buyer, Purchasing Manager and all management relative to deliveries and outgoing shipments consistent with hotel needs and specifications.
- Review deliveries to ensure products received are consistent with orders. Responsible for monitoring the grades and quality of products to ensure they meet the hotel’s standards.
- Date, weight and rotate stock as needed.
- Pull items and fill outlet requisitions and deliver to locations daily.
- Maintain records and logs for food temperatures.
- Daily invoice entry and invoice log to AP department.
- Prepare all outgoing freight and arrange for pickup daily.
- Assist Food Buyer, as needed, with ordering, contacting suppliers, entering PO’s, etc.
- Assist with End-of-Month inventory counts and audits.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the general storeroom, receiving area and all storage/inventory locations.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma required
- Inventory/Warehouse experience or other related experience is preferred
- Basic mathematical and computer skills to receive items, conduct inventory, and track deliveries.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently in order to complete forms, conduct inventories, read and understand billings and invoices, and to communicate with co-workers and purveyors.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to use an electronic receiving and inventory system
- Ability to operate office machines including a calculator/10-key, copier, fax, and telephone.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach continuously
- Ability to lift up to and including 50lbs
Powered by JazzHR
AT&T Hotel & Conference Center
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at AT&T Hotel & Conference Center