ASTRALABS Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media. What is the role of a Graphic Designer? The Graphic Designer job description includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. Youll be the one to shape the visual aspects of websites, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions and more. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, wed like to meet you. The goal is to inspire and attract the target audience.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Be a part of a global team with a hybrid in-office and remote culture with a headquarters in East Austin, Texas.
- Compensation packages include competitive rates, performance incentives, equity, and company stock options.
- Covered benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances. plus we offer a 401k program.
- Up to 30 days of vacation allotted per year including PTO, Holidays, Sick Days and Election Day.
- Build culture and engage startup community with frequently planned outings and team events.
- Access to all of our certified accelerator programs if you launch a startup during your career here (valued at $250k+).
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space working with thousands of startups around the globe!
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at ASTRALABS