Director of Operations
ASTI PDX LLC Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Our Seattle Office is opening and we are looking for a Director of Operations to lead our new team in the Seattle market! This is an exciting leadership opportunity that will provide overall direction and guidance to business operations with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability. The Director of Operations is an effective change leader who spurs the enthusiasm and buy-in of others and who plans and directs operations within the business to support the Key Performance Indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Director of Operations:
- Under the direction of the Executive Leadership Team, provide administrative direction for all phases of the company’s operations.
- Effectively hires, manages, motivates, coaches, and formally evaluates the performance of all direct reports.
- Prepares and manages budgets, and reviews/approves budgets from direct reports.
- Uses professional expertise to analyze business and industry conditions and strategically advises on potential impact, risk, or opportunity to the organization.
- Manage and drive cost reduction roadmaps for company operations.
- Influence change management through team building, collaboration, development, and monitoring of metrics.
- Oversees the scheduling of projects, achieves budgets, and meets deadlines, maintaining safety and quality, and ensuring site compliance.
- Drives schedules, start and finish times to improve project schedules and ensure company financial and production goals are met.
- Oversees field operations for controlling costs, achieving budgeted margins and improving the bottom line.
- Provides responsible oversight and support to all projects that includes ensuring time-frames are met, addressing employee concerns, appropriate training, etc.
- Collaborates and coordinates with all company leadership and staff to ensure a seamless process; effectively communicates project updates to leadership.
- Proven experience implementing processes in a rapid growth environment, improving project controls that increase efficiency while continuing to deliver high quality results.
What you bring:
- Growth - you have experience growing people, processes and organizations
- Producer - you have a proven background of delivering on time and on budget
- Personal Responsibility- you self-manage your time wisely and take responsibility for results
- Innovator - you are creative, resourceful, and imaginative
- Problem Solver - you have a curious mind, analyze issues, enjoy solving problems and putting processes into place to prevent future problems
- Decision Maker - you make decisive decisions after gathering and analyzing facts
- Negotiator - you look for win-win solutions, and routinely use negotiation to help the company meet its objectives
- Proactive Problem Solver - you have the resourceful capabilities to research, assess, and either develop or adapt solutions to solve dynamic problems
- Strategist - you are a planner, strategist, and look for ways to win the end-game, not just the current battle before you
- Player-Coach - you have the ability to lead from the front and you have the discipline and skills to build your team members as a coach and mentor.
- Transparency - you are straight-forward and upfront with information, operating with a high degree of business ethics toward your work and your team
Job Requirements Qualifications
- BS degree in electrical, electronic or related engineering discipline, or equivalent business experience
- MBA, or Masters Degree in Engineering, Management, Industrial Organization, or Operations Management degree preferred/ or equivalent Executive Leadership experience
ASTI PDX LLC
BusinessView all jobs at ASTI PDX LLC