Order Processing Technician - ASSA ABLOY Service Center
ASSA ABLOY Door Group Easton, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ASSA ABLOY Service Center in Easton, PA is looking for a Hands On Maintenance Supervisor with a focus on Automation & Robotics
Our coast to coast, network of strategically located Service Centers, is designed to bring steel doors & frames, wood doors, and popular ASSA ABLOY brands of hardware and accessories closer to the market.
An order processing technician enters orders placed by the customer into the system for manufacturing. This includes interpreting product specifications and researching drawings. This is the entry level for order processing with opportunities to learn more technical aspects of order processing and promote to higher levels within the department.
Job Duties & Requirements (included but not limited to the following):
- Perform all duties relating to the processing of customer orders. Orders range from basic stock to the highest level of configured orders and detailing.
- Interpret product shop drawings and/or customer direct orders, and assist in area of hardware compatibility with product – lending technical know-how in the process to the customer
- Translate order language into the factory-of-choice so orders will flow through production smooth and accurately.
- Communicate with customers and internal personal on discrepancies and/or application conflicts.
- Interpret hardware templates, review orders and prepare detailed drawings for manufacturing requirements.
- Strive to meet productivity goals in order to provide excellent and on time customer delivery of product, and information
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical degree or equivalency preferred
- A minimum one-three years’ experience in the hollow metal door openings industry and direct customer and contractor contact desired.
- Ability to read, interpret and manage architectural plans, specifications and hardware schedules.
- Understanding of building codes and labeling requirements are required.
- Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft. Experience with TrackPoint, OrderPro or comparable a plus
- Blueprint/template reading skills required.
- Basic Geometry and Algebra math skills are necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and positively in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills via email and phone conversation
- This role requires someone who is self-motivated, self-regulating and able to meet job expectations with minimal supervision.
AADG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran
ASSA ABLOY Door GroupWhy Work Here?
Full-time position, excellent benefit package, great employee experience program - working with a team of safety conscientious coworkers!
We are a leading manufacturer of essential steel door and frame openings for healthcare, institutional, commercial and industrial construction. We produce strong and secure steel doors and frames to meet the full range of safety, security, and aesthetic requirements for any project. We supply a full line of quality custom and standard hollow metal doors and frames for new and retrofit construction projects for critical infrastructure, healthcare, commercial and educational markets.