The Director of Operations will lead a team of functional managers and supervisors in 1) developing and deploying an effective operations strategy and ensuring organizational alignment, 2) providing and developing technology know-how in the leading metal fabrication techniques available to maintain competitive advantage, 3) providing strong leadership to the operations team with a heavy emphasis on employee involvement and team building, and 4) actively participating in and helping to lead the customer service and order management personnel, as this Director role includes the responsibility to ensure we achieve our sales objectives each month. The Director of Operations craves time on the production floor interacting with the workforce, and takes pride in solving problems for them. The Director of Operations also enjoys interacting with customers, understanding their concerns, and helping to improve the business relationship. He/she is approachable and trustworthy in the eyes of the workforce and our customers. The order processing and customer service segments of the business report up through a different organization, but the Director of Operations, working with the management team will help to streamline and drive improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet expectations of each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field. Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of operational leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Previously worked in a corporate environment.
- Previous success in improving employee satisfaction of the work life experience.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize and manage multiple (sometimes conflicting) priorities.
- Understanding and experience with all aspects of financial and manufacturing management.
- Comfortable with and enjoys being a daily presence on the manufacturing floor, actively engaging employees at all levels.
- ·Believes and practices that whenever the plant is working, he/she will be visible, including weekends and off shifts.
- Ability to work through complex business issues and identify required interventions.
- Aptitude to quickly assess situations, make decisions, and evaluate results.
- Technical skills in Project Management, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen, Employee Involvement, Process Improvement, freight and distribution, capacity and manpower planning, management, and production scheduling.
- Proven record of leading initiatives in process automation and machine process technology.
- Ability to develop and deploy manufacturing systems.
- General understanding of business strategies.
- Proven ability for effective problem analysis and resolution at both strategic and functional levels.
- Must have leadership ability, excellent interpersonal skills, consulting skills and the proven ability to develop relationships and influence all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Successful record as a positive and strategic change agent.
- Passionate about improving the working experience of colleagues as evidenced by positive results in the employee survey.
- Ability to comply and enforce compliance of all state and federal regulations, Company standards, and the ASSA ABLOY Code of Conduct.
- Proven effectiveness of customer service and team orientation skills.
- Ability to travel by all means of transportation including air up to 30% of the time.
Job Duties & Requirements (included but not limited to the following):
- Establishes manufacturing policies in the areas of Lean Manufacturing, materials usage, capacity planning, production scheduling, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Ensures compliance with Company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, inventory management, complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost, and Company employment policies and guidelines including the Code of Conduct.
- Active daily presence on the manufacturing floor, leading daily meetings including, but not limited to, Gemba, 5S, and Safety on the manufacturing floor, actively leading/participating in kaizen events, personally leading physical inventories, etc
- Engages the manufacturing colleagues in continuous improvement activities and drives a collaborative atmosphere that builds trust, engagement and mutual respect among all colleagues.
- Directs implementation and execution of manufacturing policies and practices throughout the organization with an emphasis on process automation and machining process technology.
- Oversees operations budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements.
- Builds, develops and manages operations leaders capable of carrying out needed operations strategies and improving employee relations. Leveraging the potential of employee involvement is key responsibility.
- Identifies and proactively raises organizational issues and trends; recommends alternatives for improved effectiveness.
- Recommends and implements strategic changes in manufacturing and operations strategy.
- Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Establishes and monitors operational performance.
- Promotes a safe workplace by compliance to safety regulations, implementing safety programs, conducting audits, tracking performance and setting and executing operational goals for yoy improvements in performance.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations and ASSA ABLOY Code of Conduct.
- Supports and ensures compliance to Door Group policies and procedures.
- Supports the Company’s Strategy to Action initiatives in the performance of daily activities.
- Assesses and builds leadership bench-strength and organizational capabilities as well as creates a collaborative, high performance work environment.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate improved operational performance and improved working relationships.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Visibly present for a few hours on the manufacturing floor during overtime hours including weekends, and on off shifts and requires the same of managers ensuring colleagues are engaged and appreciated.
- Believes in the value of a disciplined performance appraisal program, and the value of coaching, mentoring and teaching at all levels of the organization.
- Participates in Door Group cross-company activities, and enjoys working together with other locations to develop better methods, tools, etc. to drive common and consistent improvement across the group.
- ·Must live in within commuting distance of the Ceco facility.
- ·Is willing to travel to other facilities in the group to help them improve, even at the expense of his/her own personal goals.
- Develops and executes a successful action plan to improve the working experience for colleagues as quantified by employee survey results.
AADG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran