Information Security Technical Writer
ASRC Federal Moffett Federal Airfield, CA
- Expired: April 13, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Moffett Field, California Posting Location: NASA/AMES, MOFFETT FIELD-CA026
Functional Group: Software Development
ASRC Federal Data Solutions (AFDS) provides comprehensive IT services to NASA Ames Research Center located in Mountain View, CA.
AFDS is seeking an Information Security Technical Writer to provide and manage Information Assurance (IA) controls and security engineering for NASA systems. This role will assist the IT Solutions and Security Analyst in providing maintenance and tracking of NASA Ames IT Security Plans throughout the center.
- Tasks include prepare, write, and review System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs). Perform risk assessment analysis to support security certification and ATOs.
- Provide IA and cybersecurity expertise, guidance and support to meet the requirements of the program.
- Implement the Risk Management Framework (RMF) by creating security risk management plans and assessing vulnerabilities of program systems, performing research and analysis, and assessing the impacts of system design choices, technological advances, and malicious code.
- Write the system's security documentation and identify potential security weaknesses and vulnerabilities, recommend implementing security controls to mitigate vulnerabilities and to reduce overall system risk.
- Track NASA Ames Project IT Security plans and helps ensure that they meet the agency Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) Package requirements. Assists in the development and input of IT Security Plans into the Agency database.
- Update System Security Plans as required to include new Common Controls and NASA Organizational Defined Values (ODVs) as-required. This effort includes potential for consideration for FISMA / NIST 800-53 Rev 5
- Assist in the development of common responses to NIST Special Publication 800-53 Rev. 5 controls. Update all Security Plans with new common responses. Act as liaison between Information System Owners and A&A Office on changes to controls and subsequent security impact on system.
- Track all open Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) for each supported security plan and follow up on all POA&M items weekly.
- BS in Computer Science or related field required or equivalent years of experience.
- 7-9 years of experience as an Information Security/Governance specialist/analyst or similar IT Security/Governance professional, preferably within the Federal Government.
- Knowledge of FISMA, NIST, FedRAMP and NASA compliant security plan and package writing and submittal.
- Experience evaluating audit reports, network penetration test results, and system/application level security assessments.
- Expertise with software productivity tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Experience drafting and publishing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents.
- Experience using the Risk Information Security Compliance System (RISCS).
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work independently, and in a team.
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a security clearance in the future if needed.
AddressMoffett Federal Airfield, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at ASRC Federal