We currently have a full time opportunity with a growing manufacturing organization located close to Torrance, CA. We are seeking an experienced Director of Supply Chain who has a strong operational perspective. This is a direct hire opportunity and seeking someone with a background and passion for manufacturing and a strategic mindset and perspective.
· Coach and develop team members to build overall team capability and ensure “ready now” successors for all positions
· Monitor changes in production demand and assess impact on materials replenishment strategies and production plans.
· Lead critical steps of the S&OP process. Drive alignment of the supply plan and ensure achievement the demand plan. Ensure appropriate data is available to understand scenarios and make decisions.
· Drive the weekly Sales and Operations Execution (S&OE) process to monitor status against agreed S&OP plan. Make changes to production and materials plan as needed. Ensure closed loop communication with customer service and operations.
· Ensure short term production schedules consider constraints and processes are in place to monitor schedule adherence
· Ensure materials availability by properly defining and executing materials replenishment processes (Consignment, VMI, Kanban, MRP). Act as the first escalation point for supplier performance issues.
· Monitor on-time delivery, inventory and freight performance to plan. Identify areas for improvement and drive implementation. Monitor supporting process metrics as appropriate.
· Develop inventory policies that meet supply chain objectives and support business strategy. Monitor inventory positions against policy. Ensure inventory levels are in line with customer service goals. Identify supply chain improvements that will enable inventory management improvements.
· Ensure the integrity of all system planning parameters
· Support the resolution of import compliance issues
· BS in Science, Engineering, Supply Chain or Business discipline required; MBA preferred.
· 6 + years experience in a manufacturing environment with high level management experience
· General knowledge of ERP systems and overall proficiency with technology tools that enable planning and reporting.
· Strong analytical skills including mathematical/statistical abilities
· Strong problem-solving skills; able to engage in creative, innovative and systematic thinking to develop unique, differentiated solutions to complex problems
· Ability to work within high-performing teams in highly collaborative environments
· Ability to listen, influence others, manage change and effectively motivate through open communication
· Proficiency in process analysis and improvement implementation
· Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and drive to achieve results
· Experience with LEAN manufacturing and relevant concepts/methodologies
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including proficiency in developing and utilizing pivot tools and macros
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external stakeholders
ASP Staffing Accounting & Finance
Why Work Here?
The opportunity to work with a dynamic team and be a contributor to growth.