THIS POSITION IS REMOTE
Interim Controller is responsible for the overall integrity of the general ledger structure and managing the month-end and year end close. This role is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of world-wide consolidated financial statements and support.
- Heavy GL account recon- must have a good understanding of corrections: credits and debits
- Maintains chart of accounts
- Manage accurate and timely fiscal month-end accounting closes
- Prepare monthly consolidation files
- Prepares and reviews required supporting documentation and financial statements to ensure compliance with GAAP and Company policies and procedures
- Process manufacturer interest payments
- Post bank deposits and funding’s
- Monitors daily cash activities including: borrowings and repayments of revolver to ensure adequate cash availability for business operations.
- Provide support to external auditors in connection with quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Perform review to identify transactions with related parties and prepare quarterly report to the Audit Committee on Related Party transactions.
- Provide supporting documentation to and assistance requested from the external audit team to ensure timely completion of their quarterly review and annual audit procedures.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple internal and external teams to develop or enhance processes where needed
- Must be able to start asap and commit to a 1-3 month project
- Must have experience with Quickbooks accounting software
- 4+ years of broad-based financial reporting experience and/or 3+ years of experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm
- CPA preferred but not required
- Strong US GAAP accounting skills, including experience in researching and documenting accounting rules and their effect on specific companies.