ASM Knoxville Knoxville, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for full-time facility security guards for ASM/Knoxville Convention Center and World's Fair and Exhibition Hall (11p-7a shift)and the Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum. Facility Security Guards will be responsible for maintaining high security standards at ASM Knoxville. Provide an industry leading 24/7 facility security operation with tact, outstanding service and provide a positive and memorable experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining security of the interior and exterior of the building by conducting patrols of the premises on a regular basis
- Greet employees and guests and verify their identity in a welcoming and friendly manner
- Communicate positively and professionally with co-workers, vendors and clients
- Assist in emergency situations including evacuation and injury
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons
- Monitor and operate the security cameras and associated equipment
- Conduct regular inspections of all floors and levels.
- Write reports; report any malfunctions, misconduct or operational and safety issues.
- Interview victims and witnesses; write incident reports as necessary.
- Follow and adhere to policies and procedures needed to maintain security within the venue and perimeters.
- Work closely with operations staff to effectively meet visitors and programming needs while maintaining safety and security measures.
- Operate magnetometers for the screening of all staff and visitors to the venue.
- Respond immediately to fire control center to locate, acknowledge and silence alarm.
- Respond to all safety and security calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Document in writing all activity, movement and repairs in appropriate log ensuring all incidents are accurately described.
- Respond to calls for service, evaluate the situation, work towards a successful resolution and communicate status with management
- Gather all initial and applicable information from persons involved in security or safety related incidents.
- Log vendors/visitors in and out as needed.
- Log keys, radios, badges and PPE in and out as needed.
- Report, document and maintain records of incidents using the incident reporting form.
- Maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Prior experience in the security field monitoring a large CCTV network and a familiarity with camera operations and video retrieval preferred.
- Valid driver's license required
Skills and Abilities
- Friendly, diplomatic, and outgoing attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to stand for a period of time, climb stairs and work in all outdoor weather conditions
- Effectively perform in crises and work under pressure without the loss of composure.
- Have sound judgment and exhibit maturity in decision-making.
- Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information.
- Skilled at interacting effectively and calmly with angry or emotional patrons and employees during intensely aggravated circumstances.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- This position requires the ability to apply independent judgment and discretion, as well as the identification, analysis and resolution of security-related matters
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment to communicate critical information to security personnel on location while following established protocols and notifying emergency services.
- Must be flexible (nights and weekends required), have a sense of urgency, be able to respond quickly and resourcefully to internal and external issues
Proficient with Microsoft word, excel and Outlook.
Must be have an unarmed guard certificate from TN Protective Services or be able to obtain the unarmed guard certificate within 90 days of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter- Kristy Todd
ASM Global Knoxville: Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum
701 Henley Street., Knoxville, TN 37902
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 865-522-5669.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
701 Henley StreetKnoxville, TN
Real EstateView all jobs at ASM Knoxville