- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Accounting Specialist, with ASM Knoxville will be responsible for coordinating the general accounting function at Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum with emphasis on the food and beverage operation. Position will perform a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant responsibility for the month-end close process and balance sheet reviews reporting directly to the Area Accounting Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned. Minimal travel maybe required.
- Receives and processes all accounts payable invoices for approval and coding for input into accounting system
- Prepares disbursement checks for signature and vendor distribution and scans paid invoices for digital filing
- Analyzing, verifying, and correcting accounting entries as needed
- Collections of past due amounts with arrangement of payment plans as needed
- Food and beverage and merchandise sales reporting by point-of-sale, by day, and by event, then entry into general ledger
- Prepares event consumption reports and follow-up on, and document, significant variances
- Prepare F&B and merchandise event flash reports
- Prepare and maintain F&B “per cap” reports
- Monthly inventory control and related auditing
- Manage credit card processing control process (leading to PCI compliance)
- Independent verification of monthly liquor inventory count/analysis
- Prepares, performs, or assists with ticketed event settlements as backup to Accounting Manager
- Interact with other departments, clients, and vendors as needed
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law and ASM GLOBAL policies and procedures
- Input month-end closing entries and daily deposit reports into accounting system
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger
- Review Food & Beverage balance sheets monthly with Area Accounting Manager to ensure compliance with GAAP, company policies, and contractual obligations
- Supports venue accounts in their day to day accounting needs, including, but not limited to, banking and accounts payable processing, activities, and reconciliations
- Provide direct and indirect support to other departments with regard to problem solving activities and complex accounting issues
- Pursue opportunities to improve quality and timeliness of information
- Ensure a strong control environment and compliance with ASM’s financial policy and procedures
- Ensure consistent reporting requirements
- Assists as directed on system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems
- Assists with the installation and maintenance of any new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property and other related procedures and controls as assigned
- Assists with monthly close process including account analyses and financial reports as assigned
- Perform monthly balance sheet account analysis
- Limited cash-support
- Participate in special projects as required by management
- Other duties to be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from 4-year college/university or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years work experience in public accounting and/or financial management, preferably with a hospitality facility.
- Background in F&B and catering event settlements preferred
- Experience with food & beverage accounting and inventory monitoring
- Extensive knowledge of general accounting and inventory controls
- Internal controls experience
Skills and Abilities
- Must have considerable skill in the use of personal computers and be knowledgeable in MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and computerized accounting systems
- Possess knowledge of financial systems- Microsoft Dynamics SL and VenueOps preferred.
- Ability to manage in a diverse, fast-paced, and decentralized environment with a keen focus on both corporate and client services
- Capable of handling all aspects of the accounting cycle and principles and techniques of venue operation
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills essential
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as dictated by event schedules and projects
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules
- Work with/maintain highly confidential information
- Must be able to pass and maintain PCI compliance
- Must be able to pass criminal and credit background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of statistical and other financial records and information.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
500 Howard Baker Jr. Blvd.Knoxville, TN
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounting Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.