Technical Operations Supervisor
- Expired: July 31, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Technical Operations Supervisor
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary ASM, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Technical Operations Supervisor at the Tucson Arena/Convention Center under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager. Responsible for the technical needs of the facilities, while also assisting in event set-ups and breakdowns, changeovers, day to day facility appearance for the Tucson Convention Center.
* Administers policies for operation and use of building for stage shows, conventions, trade shows and other similar events.
* Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; plans for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
* Supervises Tech Assistant and Stagehands.
* Oversees shows to assure proper use of arena, convention center and performing arts equipment and facilities.
* Assists with shows and events in the facility.
* Supervises the maintenance, repair and upkeep of sound equipment, stage, electrical and mechanical systems.
* Assists in the general supervision of the arena, convention center and theatres during events.
* Knowledge of the organization, regulations and procedures involved in operation of facility stage functions.
* Ability to communicate stage requirements for various clients during events.
* Assists and develops monthly schedule for AV Dept personnel via W2W
* Organize and maintain file system, data bases, equipment information
* General knowledge of fly rail systems and lighting & Sound consoles
* Basic concepts of Rigging
* Ability to make decisions in a stressful environment and accommodate a flexible work schedule
* Performs other related duties as directed
Education and Experience
* Three years' experience in all aspects of stage management, including general familiarity of stage lighting, mechanics, and sound requirements; or an equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the capabilities to perform the described duties.
Skills and Abilities
* Principles and techniques of sound reinforcement, stage mechanics, and stage management.
* Be able to obtain stage requirements for various clients during shows and events.
* Know the electrical and sound companies in the area for the purpose of acquiring parts and equipment.
* Supervises and trains personnel in the maintenance and operations of Arena, Theater & Convention Center equipment.
* Work with prospective users of Arena, Theater & Convention Center facilities to plan their needs.
* Design and execute detailed plans for system upgrading and use.
* Maintain effective working relationships with other employees, the public and users of the facilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the knowledge of Microsoft Office.
260 S. Church Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 520-837-4759.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
TechnologyView all jobs at ASM Global