- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Skate Guard
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt – PT Seasonal (Mid-Nov to Mid-January)
Summary: ASM, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Skate Guard for ASM/Tucson Convention Center/Arena. You will play a key role in making our guest have an unforgettable skating experience! Reliability and a strong work ethic combined with great communication skills are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Greet customers; with a smile and provide information on our facility and programs in a kind and courteous manner
· Control on-ice skating to with concern to our posted rules and regulations
· Check hand stamps to ensure all skaters have paid
· Communicate with skaters, fellow guards and supervisors
· Assist handing out and putting away rental skates
· Assist injured skaters
· Assist with Ice maintenance – Shovel access snow off ice
· Participate in keeping all areas of the facility neat, clean and safe at all times.
· Perform other duties assigned by managers
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent required
- As a condition of employment, candidate must successfully complete a background investigation.
Skills and Abilities:
· Flexible work schedule. Must be able to work nights and weekends
· Able to work standing or skating for long periods of time Be able to react well during emergency situations
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Able to skate under control and perform basic skating skills
· Must be punctual with reliable mode of transportation
· Additional Attributes (not required) Current or former skating experience
· CPR & First Aid training
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have intermediate computer skills and be able to utilize innovative smart phone and wireless technology.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This position requires appropriate credentials as mandated by State, County or local law.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and/or walk constantly for up to an entire shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain, or heat
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter: Brandy Foster
ASM – Tucson Convention Center
260 S. Church Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 520-837-4759.
ASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
As dedicated strategic partners, we are always seeking new ways to realize the potential of every venue that we are entrusted to serve, through inspiration, innovation and imagination.
ASM GlobalWhy Work Here?
Realizing the potential of the world’s greatest spaces and places to create amazing live experiences where people come together and connect.
Our success is built on the partnerships, relationships, experience and resources we have developed with our clients — both public and private sector – that allow ASM Global to set a new standard for our industry. Our team of dedicated professionals shares best practices from around the world to make us the unrivaled choice in the field of venue management and other services, as well as memorable guest experiences. As dedicated strategic partners, we are always seeking new ways to realize the potential of every venue that we are entrusted to serve, through inspiration, innovation and imagination.
260 S. Church Ave.Tucson, AZ