ASM Global New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is located in Tucson, Arizona. Relocation assistance will be offered to qualified candidates.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Salaried - Exempt
Summary: ASM Global, one of the world’s largest entertainment companies and operator of the
Tucson Arena, Convention Center, Music Hall and Leo Rich Theater in Tucson, Arizona are looking for an Operations Supervisor. This position is responsible for managing and supervising all aspects of facility operations and housekeeping to include, event set-ups and break-downs, changeovers, day to day facility appearance for the Tucson Convention Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assure proper routine maintenance and cleanliness for all front of house and back of house spaces
- Prepare and monitor function space and room-sets to accommodate client’s needs
- Coordinate and supervise maintenance projects with sub-contractors when necessary
- Interface with Event Managers during event set ups and changeovers
- Create SOPs and conversion timelines
- Provide for ordering, stocking and distribution of necessary equipment and supplies; monitor and ensure adequate stock to meet demands
- Oversee the training, discipline, scheduling, safe working conditions and welfare of employees in accordance with ASM policies and applicable EEO and OSHA regulations
- Ensure a close and cooperative working relationship with peer departments (Box office, Marketing, Building Security, Finance, etc.)
- Implement and enforce ASM policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with subcontractors and vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities supervisors in any of the following departments: Changeover, Housekeeping, and Operations. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these departments and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM's policies and applicable laws. Responsibility include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Four year degree from an accredited institution preferred or professional equivalent
- Three years supervisory experience in an operational/facility setting preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of venue event operations, maintenance, and event conversions
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventive maintenance schedules
- Working knowledge of applicable OSHA, state and other work environment and safety regulations
- Working knowledge of fire and public safety issues
- Must have attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have strong leadership, communication, organizational skills necessary for planning and directing coverage at events
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Must have the ability to train, plan, assign, and direct work and motivate personnel
- Must have good computer skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Extensive knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Constant reaching, standing, walking, stooping, climbing stairs
- May include manual labor, moderate lifting and/or arduous working conditions
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- High noise level
- Exposure to the weather conditions
- In and out of doors several times a day
- Exposure to heat and cold, dust pollen and fumes
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter: Brandy Foster
ASM – Tucson Convention Center
260 S. Church Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 520-837-4759.
ASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
As dedicated strategic partners, we are always seeking new ways to realize the potential of every venue that we are entrusted to serve, through inspiration, innovation and imagination.
ASM GlobalWhy Work Here?
Realizing the potential of the world’s greatest spaces and places to create amazing live experiences where people come together and connect.
Our success is built on the partnerships, relationships, experience and resources we have developed with our clients — both public and private sector – that allow ASM Global to set a new standard for our industry. Our team of dedicated professionals shares best practices from around the world to make us the unrivaled choice in the field of venue management and other services, as well as memorable guest experiences. As dedicated strategic partners, we are always seeking new ways to realize the potential of every venue that we are entrusted to serve, through inspiration, innovation and imagination.
260 S. Church Ave.New York, NY