Ice Technician - FT
ASM Global Tucson, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: FT-Ice Technician
Reports To: Ice Tech Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt - FT
Summary: ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Ice Tech for ASM/Tucson Convention Center/Arena. Under general supervision, prepares and maintains facility ice floor for all hockey practices, hockey games and other ice events, such as figure skating exhibitions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Oversee installation of ice, which includes freezing floor; painting base color, lines and logos; and building –up the ice sheet.
- Prepare ice for all practices, games and other ice events. Duties include: removing debris; checking ice depth; scraping, edging and resurfacing ice.
- Operate and maintain the ice-resurfacer and ice-edger.
- Repair and build ice. Must be familiar with techniques for repairing and building ice around hockey goals and other areas that lose ice.
- Maintain glass and dasher walls.
- Monitor temperature and humidity levels.
- Maintain ice and lay water as needed.
- Prepare and cover ice for events that require a regular floor surface.
- Operate and control some equipment via computers.
- Assist with general employees who assist with installation and maintenance of ice.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- At least one-year ice floor and operations experience.
- Completion of accredited courses from an ice making technology school is considered a strong plus; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Use and properly care for ice equipment, including ice-resurfacer and ice-edger with multiple manual controls, gears and foot pedals. This requires good vision, hearing and dexterity.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the practice and procedures related to ice installation, preparation and maintenance; typical methods and techniques for maintaining, repairing and building ice; and treatment of water and hydraulic equipment.
- Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software. Knowledge of Spreadsheets helpful.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
No certifications are required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to lift or push up to 150 pound hockey goal frames. Operator will be exposed to cold, wet, and icy conditions.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter: Brandy Foster
ASM – Tucson Convention Center
260 S. Church Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 520-837-4759.
ASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
As dedicated strategic partners, we are always seeking new ways to realize the potential of every venue that we are entrusted to serve, through inspiration, innovation and imagination.
ASM GlobalWhy Work Here?
Realizing the potential of the world’s greatest spaces and places to create amazing live experiences where people come together and connect.
Our success is built on the partnerships, relationships, experience and resources we have developed with our clients — both public and private sector – that allow ASM Global to set a new standard for our industry. Our team of dedicated professionals shares best practices from around the world to make us the unrivaled choice in the field of venue management and other services, as well as memorable guest experiences. As dedicated strategic partners, we are always seeking new ways to realize the potential of every venue that we are entrusted to serve, through inspiration, innovation and imagination.
260 S. Church Ave.Tucson, AZ