Technical Support Engineer - Remote (208272)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Remote (EST and PST hours)
Duration: 12 Months/Potential for FTE
"Must have non-negotiable" skill sets that need to be present on a resume in order to be successful for this role?
- Web Services
- Scripting /Rest API
- Database issues
What you will do in this role:
- The Staff Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the client platform. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
- The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the client platform.
- This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues and understand the problem statement.
- Working knowledge of the components in cloud/web applications.
- Strong understanding of the HTTP/HTTPS Request & Response Cycle.
- Working knowledge of networking, Email infrastructure/protocols, Web Services – REST & SOAP, Authentication mechanisms – Single Sign-on, LDAP
- Must have basic object-oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to technical problems.
- Ability to multi-task and work with high-value customer administrators and developers.
- Should be a team player working efficiently in a collaborative environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues (difficult customers)
- Experience with enterprise software application support
- Understanding of SQL and database concepts
- A fundamental understanding of IT service management and the ITIL business process.
- Prior United States security clearance a plus
- The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a Computer Science degree or equivalent and has some development experience. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential.
About ASK: ASK Consulting is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Consulting connects people with amazing opportunities.
ASK Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates.
TechnologyView all jobs at ASK Consulting