Electrical Engineer(PLC experience Needed) - Remote (201202)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer(PLC experience Needed)
- Assists the Project Teams with implementation, electrical drawings, installation, inspection, testing, and issue tracking.
- Assists corporate and/or division MHE enhancement projects with evaluations, cost-saving initiatives, implementation plans, testing, documentation, delivery, deployment for project control/systems/hardware, and project closeout.
- Assists with training and support of automated Material Handling installations.
- Assists with preparation of preliminary description of operations as well as, PLC support/modifications and documentation materials for all division systems.
- Assists in the development and rollout of training programs and materials that will assist the operations and maintenance teams in better utilizing new or enhanced equipment.
- Assists with visualization (SCADA) initiatives and projects.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary to support division processing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- The candidate requires an understanding of PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) solutions.
- Normally requires some training in fields such as business, project management, administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences, or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
Key Skills and Expertise:
- Knowledge of Siemens or Allen Bradley PLC Logic, syntax, system interfaces, and networking required.
- Knowledge in Controls Network protocols such as ProfiBus, ProfiNet, Serial, or Ethernet is a must.
- Electrical background with 480 VAC, 120 VAC, and 24 VDC experience, and the ability to read electrical schematics is a must.
- Knowledge of SICK, DataLogix, or Cognex Scanners is a plus.
- Experience with Warehouse Material Handling and Automation Systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of ASi networks and associated hardware is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong issue resolution, analytical and problem-solving skills, including debugging MHE, automation, conveyor, and PLC vendor code and messaging.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with various levels within the organization (Technical and non-technical resources, external vendors, etc.).
- Good interpersonal skills; effective team player.
- Strong decision-making skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to work on several initiatives, production issues, etc. while meeting committed development delivery dates and managing individuals/teams as required.
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Willing to travel up to 25% in a year.
About ASK: ASK Consulting is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Consulting connects people with amazing opportunities.
ASK Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates.
ManufacturingView all jobs at ASK Consulting