Clinic Site RN Manager-HMC
- Posted: over a month ago
Under general direction from the Director of Clinic Operations, The Nurse Manager plans to organize and manages the ambulatory care operations at the HMC clinic. The manager supervises nursing and patient education staff, performs nursing duties, and in collaboration with the Site Manager integrates front and back-office operations and coordinates the clinic’s patient education.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for ensuring through health education and counseling of patients and maintain the highest levels of nursing services according to clinic policies and culturally competent care consistent with the agency’s Guide to Service Excellence and Corporate Compliance Plan: safeguards patient’s privacy rights and assists in resolution of patient complaints.
- Ensures the patients’ comfort and security beginning with their entry into the back office through check-out (including referrals and collection of co-pays).
- Collaborates with the Office Manager to ensure adequate staffing for the provision of high-quality services.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new nursing and patient education staff conducts regular performance evaluations and fosters staff professional growth. Monitor license, permits, certification, and other statutory requirements and ensure their timely renewal. In consultation with the Site Director and Human Resources recommends and carries out performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions and dismissals, as needed.
- Promotes, by personal example, a standard of teamwork, cooperation, and positive workplace practices among all staff and components of the clinic site. Collaborates with Site Office Manager to ensure that appropriate initial and on-going training is provided to staff.
- Performs a full range of RN duties as needed, including medical procedures and tests under the supervision of a provider, identifying information, recording of vital signs, recognizing variances from normal and taking appropriate action, triage, nurse visit, health education and participating in case of management sessions as needed.
- Performs and/or supervises the performance of sterilization, infection control, cleaning of medical instruments/equipment, and clinic areas. Performs and/or supervises ordering of medical supplies including the emergency kit, medications, and medical equipment; maintenance of clinic supply inventory making sure that exam rooms and nursing stations are well stocked and adequately supplies, calibrate and maintain medical equipment.
- Continuously evaluates and improves clinical services in conjunction with other staff including physicians, support services, health education, and administration. Assist in the introduction of new healthcare paradigms, such as chronic care management and health coaching, as needed.
- May collaborate with Site Director, Site Manager, and providers to develop the site’s advocacy, patient education, and outreach programs.
- Collaborates with Office Manager to analyze the patient flow and implement changes to improve the quality of patients’ time in the clinic, to monitor and analyze appointment schedules and develop systems to ensure open appointments slots are filled, monitors and clinic budget-making recommendations as appropriate; backs up the Office Manager, as needed.
- Interfaces with AHS sites and outside agencies, including the state insurance agencies, and community health center network on audits. Organizes and coordinates the clinic participation in risk share indicators.
- Collaborates with the SITE Director and Office Manager to ensure Staff and Patients Safety including ASHA compliance, emergency response procedures and drills (fire, earthquake, code pin, etc.) and serves as liaison to such entities as Collaborating Agencies Responding to Disaster; the Oakland Police and Fire Department and the AHS Safety Committee, as needed.
- Collaborates with the Site Director, Human Resources, and the agency Corporate Compliance Officer to ensure compliance with all agency policies and procedures and applicable government regulations relating to personnel relation and corporate compliance, including HIPPAA, the posing of legally required public information, training, investigation, and enforcement.
- Initiates and participates in Staff in Services; creates and updates nursing policies and procedures in compliance with all local, state, federal, and accreditation guidelines.
- Manages the day to day supervision and scheduling of nursing, and patient education staff including RNS, LVNS, MA/Health, Coaches/Interpreters, and Patient Educators, ensuring that the highest quality of care is delivered.
- Oversees the patient education component of the site, which includes group visits and workshops as well as individual patient education visits.
- Graduate of an approved RN program
- Five years of related experience in a multidisciplinary health care setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluency in English required and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S) or Master’s degree (M.S) in nursing preferred.
- Bilingual/bicultural in Cantonese and Mandarin strongly preferred
- Vietnamese language skills desirable
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Registered Nurse certification required.
- CPR certification required.
- IV and Blood Draw certification required.
- HIPAA Training Certificate
Medical, Dental, Vision premiums 100% paid by AHS
12 Vacation Days
12 Sick Days
11 Holidays and two Floating Holidays
3% 403B Employer Contributions and up to 2% Employee Match Contribution
Transportation Benefit Paid by AHS
FSA/Dependent Care Assistance
Long Term Disability
ASIAN HEALTH SERVICES.
Real EstateView all jobs at ASIAN HEALTH SERVICES.