ASHP is seeking an experienced, creative and innovative strategist to oversee a social media enterprise designed to engage and inform constituents across multiple platforms and media.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages, cultivates, and tracks ASHP’s social media programs, including integrated social network, third-party social media tools, blogs, and other emerging social communication platforms. Provides oversight and administration for ASHP’s integrated social networking platform, ASHP Connect, as well as ASHP’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other relevant social media platforms. Advocates for ASHP in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Creates and implements a comprehensive annual strategic social media plan, including social media strategies and promotions to increase brand awareness and generate inbound traffic. Manages an editorial calendar in tandem with a full suite of digital marketing channels for membership, product, meeting, and advocacy content streams.
- Engages in social listening and analytics tracking and analysis to inform work. Establishes goals and metrics, evaluates and recommends tools and resources to support social media engagement and execution. Extends ASHP’s brand, enhances member engagement, and communicates the ASHP experience to a global audience (including association members, prospective members, pharmacy students, pharmacy technicians, state affiliates, and other key stakeholders) through the effective use of online media and social networking tools.
- Collaborates with other ASHP departments and project teams to facilitate the development and coordination of user-generated content, online communities, web-based video, and viral marketing tools according to social media best practices. Develops and implements social media contests, polls, Twitter chats, Facebook Live events, Instagram stories, and other social media promotional content to enhance member engagement.
- Researches and writes material for use in member communications and social media outreach including marketing campaigns, emails, and other digital communications vehicles. Drafts content for other member communications outlets, including blogs, news stories, feature stories, and newsletter content.
- Coordinates with marketing colleagues to support the execution of paid digital campaigns, coordinating content, content schedule, and audience optimization.
- Stays current on new media platforms, trends, and industry opportunities.
- Determines work priorities, policies, and operating procedures. Interacts with others to advise on and/or facilitate the execution of ASHP’s programmatic and/or operational initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field as well as advanced knowledge of the theories and principles of a relevant field or discipline in advertising, marketing, or public relations.
- Requires a minimum of five years of prior related work experience, preferably in a large professional membership organization.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communications skills with a thorough knowledge of social media best practices.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and ability to interface with the media, industry partners, members, and internal executives with confidence and poise.
- Project management skills, including sound judgment and sense of responsibility in order to function with minimal supervision.
- Note most significant specific skills required (e.g., Microsoft Office, web design, Oracle database, cold calling). Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Hootsuite, Simply Measured, Zoomph.
- Knowledge of Cision, other media monitoring and media publicity services.
- Knowledge of graphic design, production, and content management.
- Basic photography and photo editing skills (e.g.,Photoshop, Canvas).
- Knowledge of video production.