Public Health Technical Writer/Content Develo
ASHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ASHLIN is also an Equal Opportunity of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
ASHLIN Management is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires for Priority Referrals of Protected Veterans
Public Health Technical Writer / Content Developer Job Description
The Public Health Technical Writer / Content Developer will review Requests for Information, Proposals, and Quotes to generate proposals, including technical solutions. Develop standard document templates, participate in proposal kick-off meetings and writer’s calibration meetings with team members, SMEs, and subcontractors, while having an in-depth understanding of the problem needing to be solved, the solution to address the problem, and support in developing relevant win themes, that will be integrated into the proposal narrative, through storytelling. The Public Health Technical Writer / Content Developer will develop white papers, concept papers, and pitch papers for business development efforts.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Plan, develop, organize, write new public health-related content, and edit existing operational procedures and manuals to include:
- white papers
- concept papers
- pitch papers
- Produce persuasive proposals to suit the needs of the client
- Research proposal topics and audiences to achieve the best reception
- Strategize with leadership to set reasonable goals for proposals
- Determine a concept for proposals by attending meetings and identifying opportunities
- Write proposal content, including technical sections, management, and staffing sections, resumes, executive summaries, and past performance.
- Review and edit sections drafted by other contributors.
- Assist in the recruitment of SME-related technical writers.
- Synthesize raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive passage.
- Meet deadlines by being capable of prioritizing responsibilities and balancing your workload
- Edit and revise proposals according to notes given by color team reviewers and fellow proposal writers
- Use style guide for proposals to maintain a sense of consistency
- Help create draft graphics and visuals for proposal submissions
- Work as part of a team to offer suggestions for improvements or ways to streamline the process
- Give presentations to leadership
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and multiple deadlines, and work with large groups to meet goals in a timely manner
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (strong skills in MS Word - templates, styles, MS Excel, along with Visio)
- Able to prioritize and multitask within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment with fluctuating priorities
- Exceptional editorial and document management skills, including adhering to style, grammar, usage, and branding required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including copy editing/proofing required
- Ability to organize, write, and edit proposals with little supervision required
- Strong ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with others with appropriate flexibility
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required to meet tight deadlines
- A minimum of three years related experience required in proposal writing
- Extensive knowledge in Public Health is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and write about complex topics
- Strong attention to detail, including grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Great written/verbal communication and public speaking skills
- Strategic planning knowledge
- Proposal automation software experience preferred (Smartsheet)
- Master’s in Public Health - MPH and in related areas; English, communications
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
ASHLIN Management Group, Inc.Bowie, MD
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.