St Louis, MO
The Legal Counsel will draft, review, and negotiate complex commercial transactions, both domestic and international and while collaborating with Sales and company management to balance the customer relationship with the goals and risk management. Additionally, will draft, reviews, and negotiate a variety of agreements and provide daily counseling on operational and transactional matters to all business units and functional areas.
Duties and Requirements of the Job:
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates complex commercial transactions, both domestic and international.
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates a variety of agreements, including but not limited to, supply/purchase, confidentiality, real estate lease, consignment, safety, distribution, compliance, consulting, development, factoring, incentive, license, logistics, non-compete, employment, pricing, quality, warranty, sales rep, staffing, settlement, sourcing, tooling, vendor, and warehouse.
- Provide daily legal counseling on operational and transactional matters to all business units and functional areas, including but not limited to, HR, IT, Finance, Customer Service, and Tax.
- Assist in template development and maintenance.
- Maintain corporate records and manage corporate governance matters for all affiliates.
- Perform legal research.
- Prepare legal memorandum and executive summaries.
- Assist in contract database development and maintenance.
- Assist in corporate policy development.
- Assist with strategic initiatives, including mergers and acquisitions.
- Advise on matters relative to customs, data privacy, and government contracting.
- Ability to professionally collaborate with various and diverse groups to achieve desired results.
- Interface with and manage outside counsel as required.
- Train internal clients in basic contract knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
Minimum of three to five years of relevant experience, preferably in an in-house legal department.
Excellent communication and analytical skills coupled with the ability to solve complex problems.
Self-starter with advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Ability to manage multiple complex projects requiring in-depth evaluation.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
J.D. is required from an accredited school of law.
Admission, or eligibility to be admitted, to the Missouri Bar.
ASGARD EXECUTIVE GROUP
Why Work Here?
Our Client values and rewards team members, recognizes individual skills and experience, and offers opportunities for growth