Tower Technician - Hawaii
- Posted: over a month ago
- Per Diem
AscendTek, a telecommunications company, is seeking experienced Tower Technicians for work in Kapolei, Hawaii.
Must have experience as a cell tower technician to be considered for the job.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a tower technician
- Ability to relocate to Hawaii for you don't live locally
- VAILD DRIVERS LICENSE!!
- OSHA 30, NWSA TT1 strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of knots and tower rigging preferred
- Must have/obtain and maintain documented Authorized Climber & Competent Climber/Rescue certification from an accredited institution
- Must have/obtain OSHA 10 construction training card
- Must have and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
- Connector install experience
- Coax, Fiber routing/handling experience
- Top side and bottom side grounding experience
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports
- Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day
- Ability to perform Tower Rescues
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Desire for full-time, long term W-2 employment
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, Tower Co., etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Required to work at heights, up to 300 feet, installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc.
- Direct all top side actives and keep in constant communication with the tower foremen on the ground side.
- Assist fellow crew members with tower construction activities including assembling/erecting towers, installing antennas and radios, mounting hardware, installing fiber and connectors, grounding, testing, positioning, and optimizing antenna and lines.
- Supervise, teach, and coach your crew's newcomers and trainees in order to improve the crew's cohesiveness and to assist your teammates growth and to acquire experience in the industry.
- Perform tower construction activities including assembling/erecting towers, installing antennas, mounting hardware, installing coax and connectors, grounding, testing, positioning, and optimizing antennas and lines.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, bend, assemble and erect all components necessary for lifting, moving and installing equipment, materials, lines, antennae
- Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
Successful Completion of Recertification Class
- First Aid/BBP and CPR
- PPE use and requirements
- Lock out Tag out
- RF Awareness
- AscendTek onboard/protocols
- GHS (formally MSDS)
- Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, backhoe, capstan, etc.)
- OSHA Training
*The above reflects leadershipâ€™s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Leadership may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.*
- Onsite at job locations.
- Strict safety standards must be followed by every crew and employee.
- Working in harsh weather conditions, including but not limited to, hot and cold weather.
- Team focused work environment. You must be able to work well in coordination with a crew.
- Direct, W2 employment with competitive wages
- Full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Company paid long & short term disability and life insurance
- Per diem
- Steady, long term employment
- Opportunity to expand and grow with a large telecom company, while working with some of the most skilled leaders in the industry
TechnologyView all jobs at ASCENDTEK, LLC